Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friends & Respect

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Ever have a friend(s) who boast/ask advice about their love lives and are about as subtle as a bull in a China shop?

You need to rethink your friends ladiesman. If they have no concern or perception of your feelings, then they're not really your friends. Just walk away the next time the two of them start to ramble/boast. They might get the message then.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Bumble (01-05-11), ladiesman217 (01-05-11), lovethegirls (01-05-11)

Reviews

Ever have a friend(s) who boast/ask advice about their love lives and are about as subtle as a bull in a China shop? Couple of mine (male + female btw) can't help but burn the ears off me about how they got off with x y and z, etc. About how a girl/guy they fancy asked them out or whatever. Can't help but rub it in; the hunt, the date, and then the tales between the sheets... Considering how my love life is as good as inexistent, all these boasts and ramblings don't half put me down a bit, as they make me think about the things I may be missing where I wouldn't otherwise.

Now being single doesn't upset me, but all this f*cking boasting does my head in. It's always me they come to with their stories. Never anyone else. Not that I mind (much) but for once could they at least be a little more subtle or even tell their glory tales to someone else. Kick a fella while he's down like! Never a word of thanks do I get either. Beginning to think that rats get more respect than I do sometimes... Maybe I'd be better off finding a nice rock and living underneath it for the rest of my life. Then maybe I'd have some freakin' peace for once. Damn it feels good to get things like this off your chest once in a while...
    yeah mate that is exactly my point, I get so condescened to by my friends coz they are in relationships and have this completely fulfilling life, it seriously wears out my last nerve listening to that (but they are my pals and I love them so I guess i can't c
    give out too much...)
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

To be fair, everyone reserves a lil' bit of envy for everyone else.
    My married friends, my engaged friends, my *long-term-committed-bollocks* friends...
    All of them would swap places with me.
    And there are times I'd swap places with them.

But, ultimately, my shoes are the most comfortable.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    You need to rethink your friends ladiesman. If they have no concern or perception of your feelings, then they're not really your friends. Just walk away the next time the two of them start to ramble/boast. They might get the message then.
    Tried and failed once before. The outburst they shouted at me was more agonising than the boasting... So now I always carry cotton wool around so I can jam my ears whenever I'm near them... I would just tell them to take a hike and f*ck off but been friends since kids so can;t get rid of them now (or even that easily)
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (01-05-11)

Reviews

Tried and failed once before. The outburst they shouted at me was more agonising than the boasting... So now I always carry cotton wool around so I can jam my ears whenever I'm near them... I would just tell them to take a hike and f*ck off but been friends since kids so can;t get rid of them now (or even that easily)
    Sometimes people can be cruel to make themselves feel good. Once your happy in what you do i wouldnt give a flying fuck what they say.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (01-05-11)

Blog Entries

I've only had one friend who did such things, and no, I wasn't envious even though she was drop dead gorgeous , and had plenty of admires; she only went out with men who weren't that good looking in order that they be grateful that she gave them the time of day. She'd lay on the honey thick, and be ever attentive to their needs in the beginning of the relationship, but once she had them she was nothing short of cruel and bitchy. This happened too many times to court, but eventually she did get her just deserts when her former university professor, who she snared to be her 'Patron', sugar daddy, kicked her out of the appartment they were sharing, and took up with a Chinese girl, for which she has yet to emotionally and mentally recovered from
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 01-05-11 at 14:07.

Reviews

I dunno wtf I did to karma, but it seems to have an awful grudge against me. Ever since I started this thread yesterday, I've been inundated with all sorts of bitchings & boasts about all sorts of sh*t... My head feels like it's gonna implode! Morph you don't have any spare red pills by any chance do you??

Goodbye

Reviews

I dunno wtf I did to karma, but it seems to have an awful grudge against me. Ever since I started this thread yesterday, I've been inundated with all sorts of bitchings & boasts about all sorts of sh*t... My head feels like it's gonna implode! Morph you don't have any spare red pills by any chance do you??
    i've little experience of this. perhaps they single you out because they 'get off' on it,
    maybe unconciously. if you showed them some of the girls you're banging it would probably stop this.
    try "you're my friend and i really like you, but your personal life is yours and it's boring/inappropriate to me"
    Last edited by warmcome; 01-05-11 at 20:31.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (01-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i've little experience of this. perhaps they single you out because they 'get off' on it,
    maybe unconciously. if you showed them some of the girls you're banging it would probably stop this.
    try "you're my friend and i really like you, but your personal life is yours and it's boring/inappropriate to me"
    Ya. I can imagine walking down the street with one of them. Walking in our direction is one of the girls I've met (let's keep it anonymous ). He says something like: "I'd do her alright" [me smiling on the inside]. Just as we walk past I wink at her and she winks at me... My friend notices and asks do I know her. I just say no and continue walking with a giant grin on my face Damn that'd be awesome. It'd be one of the best wins ever, except only I'd know it which would make it even more satisfying. lol

Goodbye

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123