Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite films?

Blog Entries

Number one is Goodfellas, then in no particular order, 12 Angry Men, The Usual Suspects, It's a Wonderful Life, Airplane!, Dr. Strangelove, Blade Runner plus hundreds more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (13-04-11)

Reviews

Some brilliant movies mentioned already, a few of mine that aren't listed are Trainspotting, La Haine, Amélie, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Indiana Jones trilogy, Braveheart.. too many to name.
    If i had to pick one movie though it'd be City of God.. not exactly one to watch with a sore head

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChiefHandker For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (13-04-11), Lucy Chambers (13-04-11), samlad (13-04-11)

Love movies, as with music like many types, 10 of my favs below:

Chinatown (no. 1 for many reasons esp. Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway)
    Jean de Florette / manon des sources
    Goodfellas
    Pulp Fiction
    Godfather 1&2
    Raise the Red Lantern
    Babettes Feast
    Life of Brian
    Trainspotting
    Schindlers List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sman For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (13-04-11)

I'm with Chiefhandker...

Indiana Jones is the best trilogy ever! I say trilogy because the 4th one was pants He was my childhood hero
    Last edited by samlad; 13-04-11 at 15:11.

Smile

Requiem for Dream, Experiment, Las Vegas Parano, Super size me, Due Date and many more..

Being There.

The last Peter Sellers film released before his death. An excellent study of the infulence of the media and the fickleness of politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPQ9...eature=related
    Last edited by willyup; 13-04-11 at 15:17.

Reviews

Hoskins depicts a more outgoing version of myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Some brilliant movies mentioned already, a few of mine that aren't listed are Trainspotting, La Haine, Amélie, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Indiana Jones trilogy, Braveheart.. too many to name.
    If i had to pick one movie though it'd be City of God.. not exactly one to watch with a sore head
    La Haine, what a great film, haven't seen it in a couple of years, must give it a watch again soon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (13-04-11), Lincoln (13-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    The Brazilian one? If so, what a great movie. The third part of the 'trilogy' is a must see too - Elite Squad, told from the police's viewpoint. Again, don't watch with a hangover.

I've got loads of faves. Another mention to Serenity, a brilliant dose of Scifi - and Moon as well, which I've recommended before.

Big fan of David Fincher's work, especially The Game and Fight Club - Benjamin Button is probably the best 'chick flick' I've watched, too.

Action-wise, the Bourne trilogy are absolutley brilliant.

And last but not least is a little known film I heartily recommend called 'The Fall'. It's stunningly shot, has a touch of the fable about it (and even nods towards Wizard of Oz) and is very hard to categorise, but to watch it is to love it. Possibly my favourite film ever.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Headlad For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (13-04-11), ChiefHandker (13-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    La Haine, what a great film, haven't seen it in a couple of years, must give it a watch again soon
    Same as me, sometimes movies aren't as good as ya remember them so hopefully it stands the test.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I'm with Chiefhandker...

Indiana Jones is the best trilogy ever! I say trilogy because the 4th one was pants He was my childhood hero
    Sshh we shall never speak of the 4th one.. it never happened alright? ALRIGHT?!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast