Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Whats the nicest thing you have ever done?

Reviews

Im not sure if this counts.

I remember once after a drug deal went wrong, I had been ordered to kill this guy.

Anyway, with my gun pointed to his head, he started whining about having young kids, a sick mum who needs his care, and that he looks after the stray cats in the area that otherwise become the victims of mindless violence by the kids in the estate.

So, I kneecapped him instead. Still makes me well up every time i see him.

I tried thinking of something nicer but drew a blank.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

jimbobbins (10-04-11), lovethegirls (10-04-11), mellors (10-04-11), warmcome (10-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by mature abby View Post
    years ago i used to be a home carer
    one of my daily visits was to an old guy hed his leg amputated an was about to lose the other but was riddled with C
    an hadnt long to live bless him
    his wife was horrible an sat in other room watching tv alday chain smoking
    whilst this poor guy was left in darkness in bedroom alday an night
    anyway it was a hot summer an my uniform was shorter than it should be
    i used to visit every morning an have to stretch over a cupboard to open the curtains then bathe him etc
    i always made sure he got a glimps of my nickers
    he was lovely guy with loads of history
    id like to feel i made his day
    was i kind or sick i dont know ????
    RIP ....
    what a wonderful gesture that really was...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

mature abby (10-04-11)

As per an earlier poster I'm the typical 'therapist' for friends it can be a risky but the world is such a rough place everybody needs help to get through disappointing/difficult days we are all brothers & sisters in this world..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Im not sure if this counts.

I remember once after a drug deal went wrong, I had been ordered to kill this guy.

Anyway, with my gun pointed to his head, he started whining about having young kids, a sick mum who needs his care, and that he looks after the stray cats in the area that otherwise become the victims of mindless violence by the kids in the estate.

So, I kneecapped him instead. Still makes me well up every time i see him.

I tried thinking of something nicer but drew a blank.
    Brings a tear to the eye.

Jimbob

Reviews

I don't believe there is much point in doing something in the nature of good or charitable works if you are looking for recognition for it.........it just makes it a case of beating your own chest and shouting "look at me".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Rayden (10-04-11), TheCelticDream (10-04-11)

Blog Entries

Are we not Christians?
    ''But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth'':

Matthew 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I don't believe there is much point in doing something in the nature of good or charitable works if you are looking for recognition for it.........it just makes it a case of beating your own chest and shouting "look at me".
    Couldn't disagree with you more. The point of doing something good or charitable is so someone else benefits from it. Once that box is ticked, it doesn't matter a shite whether you go looking for credit for it or not. Beating your own chest makes it no less a good or charitable act once someone has benefited who otherwise might not have.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

warmcome (10-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    yeah Carlos, you learnt that from the good book!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Are we not Christians?
    ''But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth'':

Matthew 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full
    Yeah but JC said a lot of wacky stuff:

"If you cast your eyes on a woman with lust in your heart then truly I say you have already committed adultery in your heart"

"I come not to bring peace but a sword"

or how about this one for the unruly children:

“He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.”

And for anyone who tries to sweep all the mad stuff in the Old Testament under the mat remember Jesus had this to say about it:

"Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place."
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

I once took care of an out of control drunk female friend one night WITHOUT taking advantage of her. Nice of me ey ?!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast