Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

This really isn't a thread about the allegations against members of an Garda Siochana! This is a Garda bashing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you that we are losing a huge resourse but if I were living there I would feel safer with a shell pipeline then the micky mouse coke straw that our goverment would cobble together. Not much point having the resourse if you don't have the know how to get it out and process it but I do agree that we got a poor deal but the protests are not about the deal as such but the nuts and bolts of getting it from point A to point B.
    We cant say were getting a poor deal when there isnt anyone else prepared to risk their capital to extract the resource. Were not giving it away either as we will get revenue from it. theres been a lot of posturing recently about facing down the french and germans over our company taxes but heres a bigger potential contributor to our economy.
    Last edited by Sman; 05-04-11 at 23:22.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I'm not doing anything about it right now, but I would never mock a protest or say a protest wasn't "serious". I have respect for people who make the effort to march and protest anything. Just because marching on Leinster house may have worked one time, doesn't mean it will work all the time. The pension affects ALL pensioners DIRECTLY, so that is why those marches were easier.

Marching and protesting is a symbolic thing and a form of expression of discontent, it's pretty much the last stand before physically taking back what the government are said to be doing. So I would never be so disrespectful of it.
    HELLO, McFly!!!!!!!! I am well aware that this is a serious matter to many people but the people that are protesting on a daily basis are in the large part doing it incorrectly.

Marching has worked in the past, chaining your head to a fucking fence hasn't!!! All this type of bullshit protest does is try and capture headlines, that does nothing. As I said the only way to properly protest is to mobilize the population and march, you have to scare the politicians and show them it will not be tolerated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

An don (05-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Sure didn't they find some sort of unique moss found no where else on Earth apparently on a road in Kerry that the county council were trying to take the bend out of, nothing about it was growing happy out further back from the road, no, the work was stopped.

I dont know why but any time anyone tries to do anything to an Irish road some one finds something of world importance on it.
    having studied archeology at university i thought
    it was a great shame that the M3 destroyed the ancient hills of Tara.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (05-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Well if that infrastructure topples the heritage of the people of Ireland like the hill of tara etc and its beautiful environment then our government are a disgrace to the people. These are places that must be protected and all the forests of Ireland must be protected its in the people's of Ireland's blood but most of you have forgotten about your roots and become disconnected with the splendid beauty of Éireann.
    I know what I am talking about here but most of Irelands forests are Spruce and Larch set over the last 50 years and may look nice but are deserts underneath and leach acid into watercourses, our Oak and Beech woods we would not have only for English estates, thats one good legacy from the English but as a percentage they are a tiny part of our forests.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 05-04-11 at 23:24.

Blog Entries

Well if that infrastructure topples the heritage of the people of Ireland like the hill of tara etc and its beautiful environment then our government are a disgrace to the people. These are places that must be protected and all the forests of Ireland must be protected its in the people's of Ireland's blood but most of you have forgotten about your roots and become disconnected with the splendid beauty of Éireann.
    the motorway is about 3/4 miles away from the hill, it's not like it goes over the thing. There were archeologists working the whole route ahead of the builders.

IMO the right thing was done, we need roads!!! Most of the people objecting and camping at these areas aren't in employment and don't pay taxes so they don't get a say in how the country is run. Fuck them, if they don't contribute, they don't get a say!!!!

Reviews

Absolut boll*x , the country is on it knees and we need infactrure.. I will never forget my roots but if a major company wants to invest in Ireland bringing thousand of jobs and there is a hill in the way ..Well Im sorry fuck the hill. Will the hill pay the dole or create employment , I dont think so . You really need to get a propective on life in a recession.
    Last edited by An don; 05-04-11 at 23:31.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (06-04-11)

Reviews

What are you talking about? Ireland has had oak trees for a very long time they were the tree of the druids this tree is a 900 year old Oak tree in Ireland but a lot of them were chopped down cause the people don't care.
    Will the tree pay the dole ?
    Last edited by An don; 05-04-11 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    having studied archeology at university i thought
    it was a great shame that the M3 destroyed the ancient hills of Tara.
    I'm not talking about a world site like Tara, that should be protected, I am talking about a twisty b**tard of a road in Kerry that they wanted to to just take the bad bends out of, not build a motorway of anything but someone decided it was home of the last of a type of Moss.

On one bend... I ask yeah, if its that picky its better off extinct.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

warmcome (05-04-11)

Blog Entries

There can be no excuses for what they done. And you talk about the law as if it was a benefit for society, well there may be a new law coming into Ireland soon that will bring foreign police officers to police the protest, and you can bet they won't be holding back with their weapons, you sound like the corporates coadjutor same as the Garda.
    I never excused what they did, I ALWAYS said it was WRONG, read my posts again if you like.

The law is a benefit to society as a whole, if you don't like it try living in Somalia, hows that going for them without a government or people to properly uphold laws?

What is this new law you speak about, please provide a link to upcoming legislation? Otherwise I call hippie bullshit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (06-04-11)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast