Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Again you persist on making excuses for them, there can be no excuses for the Gardaí threatening to rape a woman as a joke its just not on, they are not normal workers they are a police force and they should not be talking about raping a woman and then all laughing as if rape was a joke ITS NOT a joke, its blatant coruption and degraded mentality of the serving police officers. If they were any good at all they would be lobbying the government to get permission to go after the rogue bankers who messed up Ireland's economy. They were talking about raping a woman and they were laughing, its a disgrace and luckily they were caught on audio as the public can hear the corruption and general lack of respect from the Gardaí.
    You keep reaching for the skies there Brock!! You have proven yourself to be an idiot time and time again in this thread. Spouting bullshit of the highest magnitude, if you listen to the audio you can clearly hear it was a joke (no matter how disgusting it may have been), then if you had read the remainder of the conversation in the car you could clearly see that they are workers like most of the population and like a lot of people are disgruntled in what they have to do. But of course you choose to disregard that.

Can you tell me what exact laws the bankers broke that the Garda should be going after them on? I am aware of the likes of Drumm and Fitzpatrick that are going through the process at the moment (which i agree with).

Finally, you still haven't answered any questions that have been put to you or shown any proof for the diarrhoea you have sprawled all over this thread.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Yo Brock I actually waded through your demented non-sequitur nonsense for the last 11 pages.

Since the point of the thread was concerned with the so-called misconduct of the arresting Gardai and not about how everyone else in Ireland dosent care about the environment except Brock lets just confirm a basic point here:

If it is ok in this day and age to take and broadcast conversation that was never intended for the edification of anyone but the individuals concerned then WE ARE ALL PROPER FUCKED. To entertain this nonsense any further is to actually contemplate complete censure and censoring of free expression.

In my honest opinion the owner of the phone should apologise to the Gardai concerned for such a spiteful and short-sighted act. If we can't enjoy privacy anymore folks we are going to be creating a horrible society for ourselves. To entertain the notion that this is an acceptable act is to expose the thin end of a very nasty wedge.
    there are two ongoing investigations into this shameful incident.
    there was no phone involved, the gardai inadvertantly recorded
    themselves. we have a fly on the wall account of hopefully
    untypical garda conduct. i expect they will be asked to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    You keep reaching for the skies there Brock!! You have proven yourself to be an idiot time and time again in this thread. Spouting bullshit of the highest magnitude, if you listen to the audio you can clearly hear it was a joke (no matter how disgusting it may have been), then if you had read the remainder of the conversation in the car you could clearly see that they are workers like most of the population and like a lot of people are disgruntled in what they have to do. But of course you choose to disregard that.

Can you tell me what exact laws the bankers broke that the Garda should be going after them on? I am aware of the likes of Drumm and Fitzpatrick that are going through the process at the moment (which i agree with).

Finally, you still haven't answered any questions that have been put to you or shown any proof for the diarrhoea you have sprawled all over this thread.
    You and Lincoln are really crazy. They are supposed to be providing a service for the citizens of Ireland.

I don't think you really "get" what a public servant is do you....

"so-called misconduct"? Are you off your rocker altogether?
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 06-04-11 at 18:00.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nicegirlsarenice For This Useful Post:

Brock (06-04-11)

Reviews

Un-fucking believable, i see you are another one who makes excuses for the atrocious disrespectful attitude of the Gardaí in that situation, i am seriously annoyed at how some people can actually support the misogyny from the Gardaí in this day and age. I am absolutely gutted at the response from some of you, as for the environment thing that debate got caught up in the whole Shell buying forestry to support their project, forest i might add that was from Coillte those forests all of them should belong in the hands of the people of Ireland and all of its future generations for the common good. They should never be put into the hands of foreign interests thats the peoples heritage they are trading off to the hague.
    Sir, at a later date I may summon the energy to debate the forrestry issue you keep managing to insert in to this thread.

However I can really only look on in stunned bewilderment at your completely obtuse comments regarding the taped conversation. Please clarify for me, specifically, the disrespect the Gardai subjected the individual to (bearing in mind that she chose to bring a clearly accidental recording of a private conversation into the public domain)
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Love View Post
    I did not bother my hole to read the eleven pages as i have listened to radio talk this morn and read the ireish independent the oly paper worth reading ..
    I was wondering if I made a joke about killing cops how funny would that be .... very fucking sick funny if you ask me
    Actually if the context is clearly a joke and not an indication of actual intent or even malice then be thankful that you live in a society free enough to allow you to do that.

Sorry to be so po-faced and serious here but this really matters....
    Bada Bing!!!

Blog Entries

Things like that are not a joke rape should never be a joke especially when Gardai are threatening women in their custody with it. There is obviously a huge difference of opinion here i for one am delighted that certain members of gardai got exposed for the creeps that they are.
    Another lie! When did they threaten anyone in their custody with it?

Blog Entries

The woman that was threatened with rape made no such joke, they were chased down and were treated like shit in police custody.
    More lies, read the fucking transcript!!!! No one was threatened with rape and no one was chased anywhere. They were on top of a tractor and causing an obstruction.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (06-04-11)

Reviews

They were in custody and one was threatened with rape between a gardai and his colleagues, joke or not there can be no excuses made for it, its a lack of complacency on the gardai's half and you can be sure those gardai will get a scalding and rightly so. I don't care what they were doing on a tractor they were treated with disrespect by the gardai and treated in an uncivil manner. The woman holding the video camera watched as her friend was threatened with rape by one of them she is a witness.
    Sir, I am beginning to understand that you have your own very specific perception of reality and it dosent appear to have to have anything other than the most tangential connection to fact. As such I won't try to drill into that peculiar little shell any further. Frankly it is somewhat alarming to behold.
    Bada Bing!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (06-04-11)

Reviews

i've often wondered what type of people would choose
    to be a police officer as a career choice. hopefully people
    with a sense of civic duty and care for their community.
    however, i also think that some must be merely power hungry
    c*nts.

Reviews

I was just horrified -- in complete shock. I couldn't believe it," she said.

"When the gardai arrived, the protest ended quite quickly and we walked away and the gardai walked away," the woman said.

Half an hour later the women were on the road, some distance away from the site when eight or nine gardai arrived in a number of patrol cars.

"We didn't expect them to pounce on us and we just managed to switch on the camera," she said.

"They pulled my hands apart and the camera dropped to the ground. The other person picked it up but they pulled her hands apart too. We were put into separate garda cars. We were terrified of being hurt. All the physical force was completely unnecessary," she added.

The two women were processed at Belmullet garda station and released without charge within an hour. They were given the camera back.

"Just hearing them say, 'give me your name and address and I'll rape you . . . I'll definitely rape you'. We were both horrified," she said.

She added that she believed people needed to hear the recording to properly take in the entire content.
    So........let me see now, were they on the tractor or were they, as you put it, a hafl hours walk away from the site, when arrested? Were they in custody or on the way to the station in Belmullet when allegedly threatened. Your account seems to contradict itself somewhat. Perhaps you can clarify?
    Bada Bing!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (06-04-11)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast