Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    You actually condone it. You could not care less what those people are going through to live in fear. Typical attitude like yours will always follow the laws that oppress people. Not a very nice character you have developed.
    Well are you and any of your crusty friends going to repay me nearly €2000 for damages caused to my vehicle? No then shut it! It would pay ye better to go out and get jobs rather then wasting tax payers money

You driving your vehicle in a protest zone is your own fault. You should have turned back until the protest cleared if you did not want to get caught up in it. The local residents lives were at stake.
    Hang on a second, I dont know the road network there but what if he has no choice but use that road?

The protest been going on for years, hows anyone supposed to wait that long.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (05-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    If the protesters are really serious in what they are doing and not just complaining about big business and Oil companies, then they should mobilize the people of the west to march on the gates of Leinster House each and every day/week until the Government sits up and takes notice. There is no point with a couple of Shell to Sea protesters doing this, they need to get numbers behind them.
    Oh yeah, it's easy to sit on the fence and say "oh god, that's not what they should be doing, they should do this" when you're not doing anything yourself.

No protest has people marching on the gates of Leinster how "each and every day/week". That's not how it works in other countries either. That is a terrible idea. Numbskull.

And most of you others don't get it either. There's nothing wrong with doing something illegal per se. Something illegal is just doing something against what they themselves made up. Many times the law is set up to be against you and the people of Ireland. They just make up the law to suit themselves.

What if they said you going out of the house was illegal tomorrow, would you go out? Would you say "okay now guys, let's be civilized about this. Let's create a peaceful protest on the internet and not be naughty and go out and be arrested".
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 05-04-11 at 22:47.

You driving your vehicle in a protest zone is your own fault. You should have turned back until the protest cleared if you did not want to get caught up in it. The local residents lives were at stake.
    Brock your just being narrow-minded... If they were protesting peacefully I should not have to worry about any tree hugged damaging my vehicle!! I'm only trying to make a living and if I've to go that way I'll go that way and protest or no I'm paying road tax I'm entitled to drive any public road in ireland

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Oh yeah, it's easy to sit on the fence and say "oh god, that is so stupid what they're doing, they should do this" when you're not doing anything yourself.

No protest has people marching on the gates of Leinster how "each and every day/week". That's not how it works in other countries either. That is a terrible idea.

Numbskull.
    Muburak may say different. I wish you wouldn't keep calling people names, its too tempting.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

If u listen to the tape there was clearly no collaboration your off your rocker if you read collaboration into that, they were joking, in very bad taste admittedly.

Lives arent at stake, its up to the technical authorities to assess the risk. My house has an electric pylon nearby and lorries full with airplane fuel regularly drive past but I live with this risk on the basis that people more technically qualified than i have judged the risk to be acceptable. Or i can move house...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sman For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (05-04-11)

Blog Entries

@ monster_monster, they did threaten a protestor with rape they were collaborating between themselves about raping a woman and laughing for everyone to hear it on audio, there can be no excuses for it they are an incompetent bunch and clips like those prove it. And any protestor that ties their neck to a fence in opposition to those corporate giants shows how brave they are for standing up to them and i'm sure they are campaigning in many other ways besides demonstrating outside the corrib gaslines. They have a point and a cause.
    at no stage did they collaborate between themselves, what they said was WRONG, but it was clearly meant as a joke, hence the laughing.

As for a protestor gluing/locking their head to a fence, well they deserve a face full of pepper spray for being a stupid fucking idiot. As I said, if you want to protest do it properly, if you are not willing to do it properly and legally then be prepared to fell the loving embrace of a batton to the head.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Sman (05-04-11)

Blog Entries

just like the Glen of the Downs most of the protesters aren't form the area, half of them probably aren't even Irish. They should all be swept into the sea and made wash, stupid crusties.

Well if the whole country got behind those protests and kicked Shell out and claimed those resources for the people of Ireland, this country may be richer than what it is today, Ireland is a goldmine of opportunity and its being given away to private companies the people will only suffer in the end if it continues that way.
    I'm inclined to agree with you that we are losing a huge resourse but if I were living there I would feel safer with a shell pipeline then the micky mouse coke straw that our goverment would cobble together. Not much point having the resourse if you don't have the know how to get it out and process it but I do agree that we got a poor deal but the protests are not about the deal as such but the nuts and bolts of getting it from point A to point B.

@ monster_monster, they did threaten a protestor with rape they were collaborating between themselves about raping a woman and laughing for everyone to hear it on audio, there can be no excuses for it they are an incompetent bunch and clips like those prove it. And any protestor that ties their neck to a fence in opposition to those corporate giants shows how brave they are for standing up to them and i'm sure they are campaigning in many other ways besides demonstrating outside the corrib gaslines. They have a point and a cause.
    And not only that Brock, but they were sincerely and seriously attempting to find ways to deport her out of the country. "we'll get her on deportation" and harassing her and others.

Trying to pull the legs from under her and ruin her life just because she is a part of the protest. Obviously a routine thing from the way they talked about it.

I have half a mind to drive up to that place tomorrow and cause havoc.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 05-04-11 at 22:54.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast