Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Reviews

I have never met a garda and not tought "dickhead". Even one of my mates is a garda and to be honest a bit of a prick too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Heh heh

Steady on, son!
    Obviously within reason, but at least start with pepper spray and tazers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    this stupid incident has placed reasonable doubt on
    the conduct of our police force, who hold custodial power over ordinary citizens.
    what they said was VERY WRONG but it's not like they were saying this in front of the woman. If the camera hadn't of been on in the car we'd all be agreeing that the american crustie should be thrown out of the country for being here illegally.

We need police or there'd be anarchy, fact of life. Also protesting is fine but it has to be within the law.

Having said that the gardai in question behaved unacceptably in laughing about rape and stupidly in not checking the camera.

But we badly need investment in this country not to mention tax revenue and it the tree huggers, SF and An Taisce who are stopping this. The same people were against electricity!
    Last edited by Sman; 05-04-11 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    A recent petition of the 1200 Kilcommon residents clearly showed that the majority do not support the project in its current form. When the inland gas refinery near Rossport was proposed in the late 1990s, many local people welcomed the project. But when they did some research, they quickly became extremely concerned. They discovered this was an experimental project; nothing like it had been tried anywhere in the world.

Raw, unprocessed gas would be carried at extremely high pressure, directly from under the sea-bed, through a pipeline in an unstable bog where landslides are common. The proposed pipeline for Rossport is nothing like the gas pipelines people live close to in other parts of Ireland:
    • the pressure would be 144 bar, and possibly higher, compared to a maximum 5 bar in a domestic pipeline;
    • the gas would still contain chemical impurities that corrode pipes and are highly explosive – these are removed at the refinery;
    • it would not contain the odour that alerts residents to a leak – this is added at the refinery.

At the Bord Pleanála hearing in June 2009 into this onshore pipeline route, Shell consultants admitted that, in the event of a leak, “houses within 230 metres of the pipeline could burn spontaneously from heat radiation” and that “houses within 171m would be at risk if the gas pressure was at 144 bar” (Irish Times, 04/06/09), the reduced pressure level Shell was forced to retreat to by earlier protests. There are about 33 houses within this “kill zone”. Also, the pipeline would pass just 1.4 metres below fields and roads.

Waste water from the refinery would flow into Carrowmore Lake, the source of drinking water for 10,000 people in Erris.

Since 2000, local people have been demanding that the gas is processed at sea, before it reaches residential areas, as is standard practice worldwide. They have never objected to gas being piped ashore in the normal way. Those offshore resources are worth billions and what did the government of Ireland do? They gave it all away to foreign interests and let a foreign company threaten the lives of innocent people in Ireland. AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. The Gardaí threatening to rape a young woman who was protesting for the safety of the people in that region just demonstrates how incompetent the Gardaí really are. AND nicegirlsarenice WAS CORRECT the Gardaí are the MUSCLE behind those corporations which is a disgrace as the Gardaí should be the Gardaí behind the people not foreign interests.
    Hmmm crawl back in under your tree

An Bord Pleanala with all of their experts have recently approved this pipeline.

And it is foreign investment and the multinationals that create employment and are vital for our economy.

Reviews

i feel the way capitalism is evolving, automation
    has replaced the need for many people who could have previously participated.
    how free is the crusty, drink/drug abuser to shape up, buy a suit
    and become a success?

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    I have never met a garda and not tought "dickhead". Even one of my mates is a garda and to be honest a bit of a prick too.
    you need to get out more bud...perhaps during the day time?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (06-04-11), JAMESCORK (05-04-11), Sman (05-04-11)

Blog Entries

@Brock
    As I said earlier I am against the whole Corrib pipeline and the Government handling of it, but I live in Dublin and it doesn't affect my daily life, so I doubt I'd ever protest about it.

Those offshore resources are worth billions and what did the government of Ireland do? They gave it all away to foreign interests and let a foreign company threaten the lives of innocent people in Ireland. AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.
    Agreed

The Gardaí threatening to rape a young woman who was protesting for the safety of the people in that region just demonstrates how incompetent the Gardaí really are.
    They never threatened the woman with rape, what they did was say something quite disgusting in a private situation with the woman no where near them, it just so happened that they aren't bright enough to turn off a video camera.

nicegirlsarenice WAS CORRECT the Gardaí are the MUSCLE behind those corporations which is a disgrace as the Gardaí should be the Gardaí behind the people not foreign interests.
    The protesters are behaving in an illegal manner and as such the Gardai have to deal with what they are doing.

If the protesters are really serious in what they are doing and not just complaining about big business and Oil companies, then they should mobilize the people of the west to march on the gates of Leinster House each and every day/week until the Government sits up and takes notice. There is no point with a couple of Shell to Sea protesters doing this, they need to get numbers behind them.
    Last edited by monster_monster; 05-04-11 at 22:23.

11. Default

its on youtube now

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast