Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    I was just horrified -- in complete shock. I couldn't believe it," she said.

"When the gardai arrived, the protest ended quite quickly and we walked away and the gardai walked away," the woman said.

Half an hour later the women were on the road, some distance away from the site when eight or nine gardai arrived in a number of patrol cars.

"We didn't expect them to pounce on us and we just managed to switch on the camera," she said.

"They pulled my hands apart and the camera dropped to the ground. The other person picked it up but they pulled her hands apart too. We were put into separate garda cars. We were terrified of being hurt. All the physical force was completely unnecessary," she added.

The two women were processed at Belmullet garda station and released without charge within an hour. They were given the camera back.

"Just hearing them say, 'give me your name and address and I'll rape you . . . I'll definitely rape you'. We were both horrified," she said.

She added that she believed people needed to hear the recording to properly take in the entire content.
    as you said she was horrified but not threatened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    So........let me see now, were they on the tractor or were they, as you put it, a hafl hours walk away from the site, when arrested? Were they in custody or on the way to the station in Belmullet when allegedly threatened. Your account seems to contradict itself somewhat. Perhaps you can clarify?
    he's not able to, he's a muppet in a steroid fueled rage!!!!!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (06-04-11)

Blog Entries

I don't see the discussion of rape as some joke like you and monster_monster seem to think. I especially don't see the discussion of rape as a joke when a member of the gardai talks about raping a woman and having his colleagues laugh along with him. That sort of behaviour from the police force should never be condoned or have people making excuses for them.
    I never said I saw "rape as some joke", don't try and twist my words, if you want to debate something stick to the facts. What I have clearly said was from listening to the audio you can hear that the Gardai present in the car meant it as a joke. I have stated on numerous occasions that I don't agree with what they said and think it's wrong.

Reviews

You were trying to imply that if it was a joke between everyday workers it was pretty much ok thing to do as just a joke you actually condoned it, you are the one twisting your own words. You were implying that it was ok to see the discussion of rape as a joke if it occurred in a work place as a laugh. They are not normal workers they are the police so certain actions that they discuss and do holds certain consequences for them.
    Whoa! Still hanging in there Brocks, God love ya yer a trier.

Tiresome.
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Lads, you need to a get a room, this is turning into foreplay

I have a question, if I may. Surely of it was so dangerous to lay these pipes there would have been a mass international outcry, along with international tree hugging conventions and stuff?

The other question is does anyone give two monkeys and a goldfish what two guys who happen to be guards say to each other in their car? I personally admire their restraint

I have a hard hat, so.....
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (07-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I have a question, if I may. Surely of it was so dangerous to lay these pipes there would have been a mass international outcry, along with international tree hugging conventions and stuff? The other question is does anyone give two monkeys and a goldfish what two guys who happen to be guards say to each other in their car? I personally admire their restraint I have a hard hat, so.....
    They made crass comments about rape. They also have penises. And then they got caught.

Game over, really!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Lads, you need to a get a room, this is turning into foreplay
    Well Mousey it could be interpreted that way, paranoid delusion is such a powerful aphrodisiac
    Bada Bing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    They made crass comments about rape. They also have penises. And then they got caught.

Game over, really!
    But are you personally offended/aggrieved/angered by the comments?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    But are you personally offended/aggrieved/angered by the comments?
    Me personally? Not really. I hope that doesn't mean that I condone rape or anything. Sorry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (06-04-11)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast