Thread: The Power of Women

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Power of Women

The weirdest thing happened me this morning. I was on my way to a meeting when a car ran into the back of mine at a roundabout. Now this wasn’t a life endangering accident, but considering I’m not a morning person (the morning is my mortal enemy) I was pretty pissed off (rage level 8). Got myself all wound up to have a right go at my counterpart, hoped out of the car, to see a large crack along the rear bumper (still rage level 8). I looked towards the other car and the other driver was getting out, it’s a girl, I remained determined. She comes over profusely apologising (rage level down to 6), asks me am I ok (rage level 4), she looks at the damage and starts crying and saying that her boyfriend “is going to freak”, it was his car.

Now at this point all rage has somehow transformed itself into sympathy. So what’s a fellow to do? I put my arms around her, told her it was alrite, no one was hurt, that no major damage had been done and that I’d be able to fix mine in about 5 minutes (I can’t, need a new bumper). The only damage done to her car was the number plate had come off at one side, which I was able to fix there and then. She gave me a hug, said sorry again and thanked me for being so understanding and we both went our separate ways.

I’ve spent the rest of the morning wondering how this all happened, am I that much of a sucker for a pretty face? And it was a pretty face she was absolutely gorgeous!!!

I didn’t have anything to gain from caving; I’ll never see her again. In fact if she was paying for my repairs I’d at least have gotten her phone number or something.

I guess I’m going to have to chalk it down to live and learn.
    You see things; and you say "Why ?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not ?"

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to randykman For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (29-03-11), lovethegirls (29-03-11), Lucy Chambers (29-03-11), magicalman9357 (29-03-11), Morpheus (29-03-11), nick2010 (29-03-11), realdeal (29-03-11), sweethomes (29-03-11), tuam sham (29-03-11)