Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: pounters

  1. #1

    Default pounters

    for fook sake lads...would somewhone explain to me the real definision of the word pount( puonting,punt)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to denise89 For This Useful Post:

    Morpheus (12-03-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,102
    Reviews
    201

    Default

    Punter = a man lucky enough to meet a lady who advertises on E.I.
    Punt = the meeting of the above couple.

    Understand now ?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n73 For This Useful Post:

    denise89 (12-03-11), Escort AdvertiserLisa007 (12-03-11)

  5. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n73 View Post
    Punter = a man lucky enough to meet a lady who advertises on E.I.
    Punt = the meeting of the above couple.

    Understand now ?
    thank you sweetie...you should try that....like with me lol

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to denise89 For This Useful Post:

    guyfromlimerick (12-03-11)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    However, just to avoid confusion...

    'punters' is a general term for customers or people who pay in to see an event such as a concert or horse racing.

    So if you are in a pub some evening and sitting at the bar being chatted up by the barman and it's a bit empty and you say to him 'it's quiet here tonight' and he says 'dont worry, we get a lot of punters in after 10pm' , don't either;

    A) get excited
    or
    B) leave immediately in a panic

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

    denise89 (12-03-11), hornylimerick (12-03-11), Escort AdvertiserLisa007 (12-03-11), Lucy Chambers (12-03-11), mellors (12-03-11), Morpheus (12-03-11), n73 (12-03-11)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    However 'punting' or 'having a punt' or 'taking a punt' is a bit more specific. It refers to risking your money on an event, the outcome of which is uncertain, such as betting on a horse, or investing in a business or property.

    I don't know why it has become popular to use the term 'punting' for visiting escorts.

    Because when I invest my money in a 'punt' with an escort, the outcome is a given.

    Ok, the quality of the time may vary from great to mind-blowing and the number of intense orgasms the escort has may vary from 1 to 3 (example based on 1 hour visit) but I am certain I'll empty my balls and leave smiling!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

    denise89 (12-03-11), Morpheus (12-03-11)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Yes I've got one of them
    Posts
    1,296
    Reviews
    15

    Default

    It's a horrible word really, but it seems to have stuck.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

    denise89 (12-03-11)

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    It's a horrible word really, but it seems to have stuck.
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu. I ran a campaign thread here some time back to come up with a nicer set of terms.

    I settled on client instead of punter. Rendezvous for a punt. And liaison for the type of relationship you have with a regular.

    I wonder if the French have any words for these ??

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

    denise89 (12-03-11), jimmydee (12-03-11)

  15. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hanging loose in Galway
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu. I ran a campaign thread here some time back to come up with a nicer set of terms.

    I settled on client instead of punter. Rendezvous for a punt. And liaison for the type of relationship you have with a regular.

    I wonder if the French have any words for these ??

    The french already have and use the terms you mentioned, client, rendez vous and liaison.
    Are they french in origin? maybe, at least some of threm are for sure.
    And for once they have the same meaning in both languages.
    I don't know if there is a special terminology for visiting the ladies, but things seem to be more " civilised and settled" over there unless the idiot in government gets his way,and he is trying very hard to do so.

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Yes I've got one of them
    Posts
    1,296
    Reviews
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu. I ran a campaign thread here some time back to come up with a nicer set of terms.
    I remember that. Unfortunately I had forgotten the outcome.

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10inchesandcounting View Post
    The french already have and use the terms you mentioned, client, rendez vous and liaison.
    Are they french in origin? maybe, at least some of threm are for sure.
    And for once they have the same meaning in both languages.
    I don't know if there is a special terminology for visiting the ladies, but things seem to be more " civilised and settled" over there unless the idiot in government gets his way,and he is trying very hard to do so.
    What is French for irony ???

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

    jimmydee (12-03-11), Lucy Chambers (12-03-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •