Hi everyone.

To cut a long story short, i am sick of cycling to work - which is quite a journey to be honest, my mountain bike is not in the best of shape, and i do not drive a car - or anything else for that matter, i haven't done any driving test yet. I was thinking about getting a racer bike, but then i thought i could get myself a fairly decent second-hand scooter/motorbike/moped thing. I have never ridden one of these, i haven't really got the faintest idea to be honest. I have looked at a few very nice decent one's on a couple of websites and all i want to know is, - forgetting about all the legal stuff such as a licence, tax, insurance etc for the moment - i want to know is are they as easy as paying the person the money for the thing, getting the keys to it and then riding it back home? What exactly do i do? Is it just a foot pedal the same as a car, or is it a really awkward machine to get the hang of? I really want to get one soon because i need something like this for very early starts/very late night finishes. Thanks.

Please reply in your thousands as i am thick as....