Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Stop Pretending that Irish is Alive and Well...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by eroman View Post
    Whats the point? Just came from the US. Didnt understand a word here at the start?! Just speak english!
    Can't say I fully understand your post either.

2. Default

I think it's a waste of time, whilst it may improve culture... it would be better to improve the economy by learning something more useful in school?

Reviews

I am a native irish speaker and i am so proud to be able to speak it, when u hear Europeans speak there language as well as English
    it is great to start speaking irish just to show them that irish also can speak a second language

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    I am a native irish speaker and i am so proud to be able to speak it, when u hear Europeans speak there language as well as English
    it is great to start speaking irish just to show them that irish also can speak a second language
    Maith thú'. Cos I don't speak the language at all well don't really feel justified in having an opinion on it but think there's a good degree of snobbery among *some* gaeilgeoiri out there

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    Had a fanastic time in Casla at an Irish college years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by roxyodeo View Post
    Maith thú'. Cos I don't speak the language at all well don't really feel justified in having an opinion on it but think there's a good degree of snobbery among *some* gaeilgeoiri out there
    There may well be "some" snobbery out there. However the apathy towards the language amongst the general population is wrong. The approach taken at the colaisti gaelige is a good one. Make it fun, enjoyable and relevant. Pity the school teaching cannot be done this way.

Reviews

"Peig " really finished the small interest l had in lrish.....they tried to drill it into me.....went totally the opposite direction..l absolutely hated that F*****g book..........

Reviews

"Peig "has now disappeared off the syllabus afaik.
    And probably marks one as a certain age if they remember it.I mentioned it to a 29 yo schoolteacher, a distant relation , she had never heard of it.

Reviews

An bhfuil teanga na Gaeilge fós, beo briomhar no an bhfuil sí ag fáil báis go tapaidh?

Reviews

Mo bhroin, mo bhroin, it gives me a pain in the thoin..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (03-08-15)

Reviews

Níl leid dá laghad agat, ar aon nós.
    Sin é an sceál.
    Sin é mar atá.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast