Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jealousy..

You're a man with impeccable taste, I have to say Mellors
    He felt her hands slide slowly up his thigh, he couldn't stop himself from growing hard. She caught his eye and in that second he knew: This erotic, sensual Lady is bold if she is anything. She would be upto mischief in no time...
    Some things never change

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EnglishAlex For This Useful Post:

mellors (16-02-11)

Reviews

Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

As someone said, jealousy is a mark of insecurity and fear. Unfortunately, whatever the reasons of jealousy, it definetely breaks a relation like a venin poisons your system. It makes people in a relation shrink, instead of opening themselves. Jealousy is something I try to avoid. My partner is not my property and I am not hers.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet rachel View Post
    Are women more jealous than men?
    I listin to a podcast called "stuff you should know" on itunes and they had a topic on jealousy and were saying its more that women tend to express their jealousy more so then men and not that they are more jealous. Theres an evolutionary theory behind it as well in that men and women suffer from two different types of jealousy, men get more jealous over sexual competition as its in our nature to lash our sperm up every women we can get our hands on to replicate our genes and that womens jealousy is more of an emotional one in that their childrens survival would be threatened if a male goes off with another women

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    dont you think the context is important DK? eg if im jealous of my neighbours car/house thats a small jealousy that doesnt bother any1; if its more personal in nature eg more like possessiveness then thats very different and very destructive and i wud agree with you there
    No I think jealousy is unhealthy. Jealousy of property is dangerous as to compete with your neighbour's house or car. You go to the bank for a morgage and car loan. Ask anyone who built a large house with a large morgage, who might struggle when interest rates rise and they will. Aspirations for the rich life, overstretching debt will end in struggle. Which is no life at all. All caused by jealousy of what other people had.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    No I think jealousy is unhealthy. Jealousy of property is dangerous as to compete with your neighbour's house or car. You go to the bank for a morgage and car loan. Ask anyone who built a large house with a large morgage, who might struggle when interest rates rise and they will. Aspirations for the rich life, overstretching debt will end in struggle. Which is no life at all. All caused by jealousy of what other people had.
    People are confusing jealousy with envy in this thread!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby24 View Post
    People are confusing jealousy with envy in this thread!
    The word jealousy as a synonym for envy. Many dictionary definitions include a reference to envy or envious feelings. In fact, the overlapping use of jealousy and envy has a long history. Perhaps the overlapping use of jealousy and envy occurs because people can experience both at the same time. A person may envy the characteristics or possessions of someone who also happens to be a romantic rival. In fact, one may even interpret romantic jealousy as a form of envy. A jealous person may envy the affection that his or her partner gives to a rival — affection the jealous person feels entitled to himself or herself. People often use the word jealousy as a broad label that applies to both experiences of jealousy and experiences of envy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Bobby24 (16-02-11)

The word jealousy as a synonym for envy. Many dictionary definitions include a reference to envy or envious feelings. In fact, the overlapping use of jealousy and envy has a long history. Perhaps the overlapping use of jealousy and envy occurs because people can experience both at the same time. A person may envy the characteristics or possessions of someone who also happens to be a romantic rival. In fact, one may even interpret romantic jealousy as a form of envy. A jealous person may envy the affection that his or her partner gives to a rival — affection the jealous person feels entitled to himself or herself. People often use the word jealousy as a broad label that applies to both experiences of jealousy and
    experiences of envy.
    You have bamboozled me with that post i was being a tad pedantic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby24 For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (17-02-11)

Reviews

its def unhealthy man, no one claims otherwise, the point being jeasloy or envy of possessionsis only destructive to the person foolish enought o suffer this way; jeaslousy thgough which impacts on personal relationships is what i was driving at; these are the type of jealousy that really hurt ppl

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kelso For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (17-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweet rachel View Post
    It is jealousy something normal? Some ppl arent jealous,some are alot!
    When it is excessively becomes disease (the doctors said it lol).
    Are u a jealous person? Tell us abou it...
    During my 47 years I have never been jealous, or should I say thought I never thought I was.
    Only on one occasion in my life did I approached this state of mind, or perhaps it was the only time I felt my heart ripped from my chest.

Brief History - I was nineteen on my first holiday away from home without the responsibilities of looking after my elders.
    I may have been the youngest in my family, but I was always the one left to pick up the pieces from those that escaped the responsibility.
    The beauty about this holiday was that I was a tall gangly red haired youth who knew he was never good looking.
    The first night a gorgeous girl, 19 years, intelligent, civil servant on a 'fast tract' career, singled me out.
    Needless to say we spent the rest of the holiday in her single bed (I never played hard to get).

We parted after our holiday romance and met a few months later at a Christmas function.
    The relationship restarted and after a few more months she ended it stating that she accepted a proposal of marriage from a neighbour. For me I have never been hurt as much in my life as that time and I don't think I ever will.
    I would however never trade or wish these experiences away as I know I was very fortunate to have experienced the care and brief love that only a beautiful lady can give.
    Would I trade this experience to protect my sole and heart?
    No, Never, as these experiences, however painful they may be, are ones that we may carry to our grave.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Spade For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (17-02-11)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast