Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    f*** your honda civic..i have a horse outside..lol
    Ha !! Plus it's short 2 doors for my purposes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

benin (13-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    the Honda Civic is popular:

The Honda Accord is a flyer and within budget.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Depends on the budget and what you need it to do for you.
    i.e. do you have a tribe of kids and associated bits 'n pieces to cart round, do you want maximum mpg or are you prepared to scrifice some of that for an extra bit of performance, are there any insurance issues that would exclude higer spec or performance cars, do you want manual or auto box, a less expensive brand with lots of extras or a more expensive brand with less extras?

What will you be using the car for? mostly long journeys or short commutes?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Depends on the budget and what you need it to do for you.
    i.e. do you have a tribe of kids and associated bits 'n pieces to cart round, do you want maximum mpg or are you prepared to scrifice some of that for an extra bit of performance, are there any insurance issues that would exclude higer spec or performance cars, do you want manual or auto box, a less expensive brand with lots of extras or a more expensive brand with less extras?

What will you be using the car for? mostly long journeys or short commutes?
    My last car was nicked hense the need for a new one. And I'm liking the suggestion about buying a 5 year old ....

I just want it to be safe and comfy. No big drove of kids .... just the one. Will need space for some crap still though.

And I'd rather it wasn't too flash either. There's nothing better to attract a bunch of assholes than something sparkly .... especially in a recession I'm told.

So what fits the above ? The bit about not wanting to attract people who want to steal it is an important one.

What about a Toyota Prius? Oil price ain't coming down anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    My last car was nicked hense the need for a new one. And I'm liking the suggestion about buying a 5 year old ....

I just want it to be safe and comfy. No big drove of kids .... just the one. Will need space for some crap still though.

And I'd rather it wasn't too flash either. There's nothing better to attract a bunch of assholes than something sparkly .... especially in a recession I'm told.

So what fits the above ? The bit about not wanting to attract people who want to steal it is an important one.
    Audi A6 or BMW 5 series diesel. The BMW 3ltr diesel is an outstandingly good engine.
    Both are nice cars with good driving dynamics, well built, economical, comfortable, have good sized boots/carrying capacity, great cruisers for long journeys and although nice cars are common enough not to attract too much attention.

You can find some very well specced examples in the UK for less money than than you would pay here (inc vrt).

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Audi A6 or BMW 5 series diesel. The BMW 3ltr diesel is an outstandingly good engine.
    Both are nice cars with good driving dynamics, well built, economical, comfortable, have good sized boots/carrying capacity, great cruisers for long journeys and although nice cars are common enough not to attract too much attention.

You can find some very well specced examples in the UK for less money than than you would pay here (inc vrt).
    I don't think this is true. I have often looked to the UK to replace cars for staff and it never worked out.
    And then when it goes wrong, which they do, where do you go with it.
    If I was a dealer I'd be less than impressed, bring it back to where you got it.

Reviews

Folks I've to buy a new car. What would you choose ? And be realistic ..... I'm not talking a Porsche, Ferrari or a Maybach here !

For me one car is the same as the next .... but I do like my comforts too It must have a proper back seat, 4 doors and be practical for everyday use.
    the new 5 series is nice and 10k cheaper than the old one

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    the new 5 series is nice and 10k cheaper than the old one
    Was thinking about getting a 07 one a few months ago , but they are gettin too popular with tossers , and most 5 series drivers are total cocks so didn't want to join that group !

Ended up getting an 08 Passat , and i'm more than happy with it . Was thinkin about Skoda , took one for a test drive , but honestly i couldn't sit in it and drive everyday having to look at that manky SKODA logo
    Last edited by rimmerguy; 13-02-11 at 22:52.
    I have no signature at the moment

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Folks I've to buy a new car. What would you choose ? And be realistic ..... I'm not talking a Porsche, Ferrari or a Maybach here !

For me one car is the same as the next .... but I do like my comforts too It must have a proper back seat, 4 doors and be practical for everyday use.
    Prob two of the best family cars are the Toyota Avensis and the Skoda Octavia, i know that in the Octavia for a couple
    grand extra u can get air conditioning, cruise control etc. These are both very reliable and practical cars
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

lcilis26 (13-02-11)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast