Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rates of pay

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    Just an idea I took from here, about getting a house cleaner.

What is a reasonable rate of pay for such a job?

Any suggestions?

Is €350 to €400 per week sort of the going thing?

I have someone looking for a job
    U should be able get someone for minimum wage, less now even with blackmarket tis a hirers market
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (10-02-11)

Reviews

Ok I'll bite although I think it's a piss take, if you live in a town there's loads of girls about that advertise at €7 per hour, always putting flyers in peoples doors around Navan ar that rate anyway, personally I'd pay €8-10 per hour depending on whether I have to pick up and drop home or if she has her own transport.
    It's not a lot I know but it's not exactly skilled labour.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (10-02-11), OnlyMe (10-02-11)

I think you may need a plan here....
    The cleaner might not know, what you want to keep or throw tbh.... so you may need to sort that yourself. Alternatively, you can buy a lot of boxes, and she could organize your life into them having an itemized list stuck onto them. Then you need to make a promise to yourself to go through one box a day and throw what you don't need.
    Where I would start. First you get her to clean what you use every day: Bathroom and kitchen being number 1. Then you move onto the sitting room and the bedroom you are using. So she can do it bit by bit. You may want a lady friend to tell her what needs doing as it looks like you are clueless lol, or hopefully she can take the incentive herself. Once everything is done you time her how long it takes for her everything, then you add an extra half an hour for extras, if she only comes once a week, like cleaning windows every once in a while, cleaning out the inside of your kitchen cupboard. Deep cleaning your owen. Washing curtains etc.
    I think 2 hours for a 2 bed flat is ample enough (if you want your ironing done, which you would I guess), then 2 1/2 -3 hours. Then add about 20 min per room.
    It really does depend on what you want from her, ask your friends weather they can recommend anybody they use in your area.... It sounds like you will need someone, who is capable of taking an incentive to just do things....
    Good luck and keep us updated.
    Last edited by prettywoman; 10-02-11 at 20:17.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to prettywoman For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (10-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    U should be able get someone for minimum wage, less now even with blackmarket tis a hirers market
    Er, are we not meant to be against human explotation on this site !!
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Ok I'll bite although I think it's a piss take, if you live in a town there's loads of girls about that advertise at €7 per hour, always putting flyers in peoples doors around Navan ar that rate anyway, personally I'd pay €8-10 per hour depending on whether I have to pick up and drop home or if she has her own transport.
    It's not a lot I know but it's not exactly skilled labour.
    One thinks you have hit the nail on the head I think it is a piss take big time.
    Not how I wanted it to end but there you are you never always get what you want LoL.

Reviews

I got a Chinese lad this morning. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted so I told him we'd let you all decide for us. I figured that would be fair.

He does washing, ironing, cleaning and insists on calling me Sir.

Thank you all.
    I think I'll call him my butler.

Wow... you did not mess around.... I think that thread was going last night only...

I think 15-20 Euros per hour is fair.... if you don't want to be a piss taker.
    Last edited by prettywoman; 10-02-11 at 20:35.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    A lot of these people are taken on and payed cash in hand as they are self employed and should look after there own taxes but in reality we know a lot of them claim unemployment benefits which brings them back up to well above minimum wage which is the reason they are quite happy to work for less. I'm not condoning it but it happens and is refered to as the black market which Ber refered to.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    No my good man this is Karma, when times were good everybody tried to hold u to ransom, i was giving plenty work
    and people just took the piss felt they could name their price, i was paying good money but they just wanted more
    and more,so now tis my turn almost everyday i have people looking for work and surprise,surprise the arrogance is
    gone well i dont forget and i have found that the more desperate they are the harder they will work. There is an old
    saying be nice to people on the way up as u may meet them on the way down. I have had a guy recently ask me for
    work that three years ago laughed in my face when i offered him good money to do a job, he said to me mate ud want
    to double that now to have any chance. So have i sympathy fraid not
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    No my good man this is Karma, when times were good everybody tried to hold u to ransom, i was giving plenty work
    and people just took the piss felt they could name their price, i was paying good money but they just wanted more
    and more,so now tis my turn almost everyday i have people looking for work and surprise,surprise the arrogance is
    gone well i dont forget and i have found that the more desperate they are the harder they will work. There is an old
    saying be nice to people on the way up as u may meet them on the way down. I have had a guy recently ask me for
    work that three years ago laughed in my face when i offered him good money to do a job, he said to me mate ud want
    to double that now to have any chance. So have i sympathy fraid not
    Yeah, no arguement there, i think we all came across that, have no sympathy either. Problem I'm coming across, is these same people are now totally undercutting pricing. I've always tried to quote a fair price in what I do whilst still making a reasonable living. Do they know what their doing, do they f*ck, but what does the customer go for....the cheap price of course.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (10-02-11)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast