Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crash at Cork Airport

Reviews

I was in Cork Airport when this happened, had checked in and was waiting in the queue to go through security when the actual crash happened. The fog was too dense to see anything, you could just hear the sirens coming closer. It was very calm, the rescue people was very professional and from what I could see they were very organised and acted very calmly, as did all people that I met. I was quite impressed by the way it was handled. I then drove to Dublin and on the way got told of my new flight etc. Tragic accident but it was very professionally handled by the people there, from what I saw. Admittedly it wasn't much, except I was in the airport at the time of the crash.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (12-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I was in Cork Airport when this happened, had checked in and was waiting in the queue to go through security when the actual crash happened. The fog was too dense to see anything, you could just hear the sirens coming closer. It was very calm, the rescue people was very professional and from what I could see they were very organised and acted very calmly, as did all people that I met. I was quite impressed by the way it was handled. I then drove to Dublin and on the way got told of my new flight etc. Tragic accident but it was very professionally handled by the people there, from what I saw. Admittedly it wasn't much, except I was in the airport at the time of the crash.

Despite the tragedy it was good to see the emergency crews excellent response being acknowledged. Great work by the guys despite the sad loss of life. Was expecting the papers, news etc to start debating Irish airport capabilities.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Derry lad For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (12-02-11)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123