E-I March Competition: 6 Nations Rugby Championship
The E-I March Competition is based on predicting the results of the matches in the RBS 6 Nations Championship. The competition runs from 4th February until 19th March, but is officially the competition for March. It is somewhat similar to the Premiership competitions, in that you just have to predict the outcome of the matches rather than the actual score, but there are some extra bonus prediction options and the system for awarding points is different. The competition is being organised by myself.
Format and Rules
1. All registered E-I members may participate and members may use only one of their user names. E-I Staff and helpers (Community, Forum and Reviews Moderators and the Competition Czar) may not take part. The highest placed member will win the competition and receive the prize.
2. The predictions for each weekends matches must be posted prior to the scheduled kick-off time of the first match each weekend.
( see the full fixture list below)
3. You must either predict the winning team in each match or predict if you think a match will be drawn. In the event that you choose to predict a winner, you have the option of taking part in two bonus point predictions. Firstly you can predict whether your chosen winner will score 4 or more tries and secondly you can predict whether your chosen loser will be beaten by 7 points or less. Both these bonus point predictions are optional; you can choose to make them for some matches and not for others, or only make one bonus point prediction for a particular match. Please note, that if you are predicting a drawn match, bonus point predictions will then not apply to that match.
(see examples of predictions below).
4. Points for correct predictions will be awarded on the following basis:
For a correct win prediction you will be awarded 4 points and for a correct draw prediction 10 points. No points will be awarded if your prediction is incorrect.
Only if you make a correct winning prediction will your bonus point predictions be taken into account. In other words, if you predict the winner incorrectly, your bonus point predictions are null and void and will score no points.
For each of the bonus point predictions that you get correct, you will gain 1 bonus point. However, 1 point will be deducted for each bonus point prediction that is incorrect.
5. If for any reason, a match or matches are cancelled or postponed beyond the end of March, they will be excluded from the E-I competition.
6. Following the completion of each weekend's series of matches, the match results, the RBS 6 Nations League Table and the E-I Competition League Table will be posted.
Examples of valid Predictions
Wales v England: Drawn match.
Italy v Ireland: Ireland to win; Ireland to score 4 or more tries; Italy to lose by more than 7 points.
France v Scotland: France to win; France to score less than 4 tries; Scotland to lose by 7 points or less.
Full Fixture List
Fri 4th Feb 11 19:45
Wales v England Millennium Stadium
Sat 5th Feb 11 14:30
Italy v Ireland Stadio Flaminio
Sat 5th Feb 11 17:00
France v Scotland Stade de France
Sat 12th Feb 11 14:30
England v Italy Twickenham
Sat 12th Feb 11 17:00
Scotland v Wales Murrayfield
Sun 13th Feb 11 15:00
Ireland v France Aviva Stadium
Sat 26th Feb 11 14:30
Italy v Wales Stadio Flaminio
Sat 26th Feb 11 17:00
England v France Twickenham
Sun 27th Feb 11 15:00
Scotland v Ireland Murrayfield
Sat 12th Mar 11 14:30
Italy v France Stadio Flaminio
Sat 12th Mar 11 17:00
Wales v Ireland Millennium Stadium
Sun 13th Mar 11 15:00
England v Scotland Twickenham
Sat 19th Mar 11 14:30
Scotland v Italy Murrayfield
Sat 19th Mar 11 17:00
Ireland v England Aviva Stadium
Sat 19th Mar 11 19:45
France v Wales Stade de France
If you have any questions regarding the competition, please post them on this thread.