Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spurs sign Pienaar

Reviews

Default Spurs sign Pienaar

Spurs have just signed Steven Pienaar.He turned down chelsea to come to white hart lane.And Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa for 18m.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    Spurs have just signed Steven Pienaar.He turned down chelsea to come to white hart lane.And Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa for 18m.
    I think you and I may be the only Spurs fans here. Good signing. Really hope it all pays off for Spurs this season. Have to be consistent for the rest of the season.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

I'm not a Spurs fan as such, but I really want them to do well.

It's great for football to see a good footballing side outside the usual suspects challenging for the top - and not all driven by money.

I love the atmosphere in White Hart Lane too.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (19-01-11), spur (18-01-11)

Reviews

I can't understand this Pienaar move. Spurs already have a massive squad, hence the offloading of Bentley and Keane. So where do they plan on playing Pienaar. Their midfield of Bale, Modric, Palacios/Jenas/Huddlestone, Lennon with VDV just in front is working for them. They've barely used Krancjar this season who imo is far better than Pienaar. They've also got a couple of young lads like Sandro, Giovani and Townsend who'll now be even less likely to get much needed game time. Methinks it's just a case of Arry Redknapp's inability to keep away from the transfer market, the man is addicted.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    I can't understand this Pienaar move. Spurs already have a massive squad, hence the offloading of Bentley and Keane. So where do they plan on playing Pienaar. Their midfield of Bale, Modric, Palacios/Jenas/Huddlestone, Lennon with VDV just in front is working for them. They've barely used Krancjar this season who imo is far better than Pienaar. They've also got a couple of young lads like Sandro, Giovani and Townsend who'll now be even less likely to get much needed game time. Methinks it's just a case of Arry Redknapp's inability to keep away from the transfer market, the man is addicted.
    Our midfield is very strong so i was a bit surprised myself to see the signing i'd love to see harry sign Shay Given and we need a left back.Talk is that Krancjar wants to go which would be a big loss after the great season he had for us.

Reviews

I really don't know where they will fit him as spurs agruably have the best midfield in the premier league but he will defo be a good signing no doubt.It also shows the demise of chelsea and how far spurs have come in the past few years as if this transfer happened a year or two ago he would have defo picked chelski....it looks like their sugar daddy days are over.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Spurs are turning into the new Chelsea or Man City. But getting there by not spending as much. Indeed where will they fir him in? Theres so many good midfielders there already. IT's really in defence they should strengthen. Someone like Cahill would be a good signing and I wouldn't be surprised if they went for him. I think Harry is thinking of Europe and wants a big a squad as possibel. They won't win the league as theres too mnay good teams ahead of them. Thres no way all 4 will slip up too much. But signings like that might just guarantee that they qualify for next seasons champions league and progress alittle more this year. I was reading this morning that spurs offered him more money than Chelsea. Chelsea aren't throwing it around like they used to.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 18-01-11 at 23:04.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Spurs are turning into the new Chelsea or Man City. But getting there by not spending as much. Indeed where will they fir him in? Theres so many good midfielders there already. IT's really in defence they should strengthen. Someone like Cahill would be a good signing and I wouldn't be surprised if they went for him. I think Harry is thinking of Europe and wants a big a squad as possibel. They won't win the league as theres too mnay good teams ahead of them. Thres no way all 4 will slip up too much. But signings like that might just guarantee that they qualify for next seasons champions league and progress alittle more this year. I was reading this morning that spurs offered him more money than Chelsea. Chelsea aren't throwing it around like they used to.
    Mmm I half agree with you. They have 2 very good right backs in Corluka and Hutton and then a huge collection of decent centre halfs - Gallas, Dawson, King, Kaboul, Woodgate and Bassong. IMO they need to replace that clown of a left back Assou Ekotta.
    After that they need a world class forward. Defoe and Pav are fairly rubbish. Crouch does well with van der vaart playing off him but Lerch isn't suited to playing certain teams. They need someone like Suarez, Luis Fabiano or even Adebayor if they can get him on loan.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Mmm I half agree with you. They have 2 very good right backs in Corluka and Hutton and then a huge collection of decent centre halfs - Gallas, Dawson, King, Kaboul, Woodgate and Bassong. IMO they need to replace that clown of a left back Assou Ekotta.
    After that they need a world class forward. Defoe and Pav are fairly rubbish. Crouch does well with van der vaart playing off him but Lerch isn't suited to playing certain teams. They need someone like Suarez, Luis Fabiano or even Adebayor if they can get him on loan.
    I heard they were interested in lukalu,he is like a young drogba but i'm hoping arsenal get in there first... but seriously where do spurs get their money,i wasn't aware they had a wealthy owner but they always seem to be linked with all the big players in every transfer window and they have spent quite a bit over the last few years.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I heard they were interested in lukalu,he is like a young drogba but i'm hoping arsenal get in there first... but seriously where do spurs get their money,i wasn't aware they had a wealthy owner but they always seem to be linked with all the big players in every transfer window and they have spent quite a bit over the last few years.
    Not alot of people know but spurs are a very wealthy club owned by a guy called Joe Lewis who owns a us investment bank and Enic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast