Thread: banning system

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    No PM was reported unfortunatley, doc.
    They are noting paying you enough sam . Regards doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Well Sam two wrong do not make a right! (That was my point!)
    I posted a light hearted thread yesturday which you posted was inappropriate!
    I hope you agree that it was not a bad minded post Doc Love and Mark can comment!
    I said sorry and stated no offence was meant to the person in the request forum!
    I was then in at least two threads called a stupid C**T by the person concerned!
    I then recieved a PM in which I was told to go F**K Yourself you stupid retarded C**T!
    I (going against type) remained calm and did not rise to it, expecting action to be taken as it has on many occassions!
    Instead most of the abusive comments were removed and there was a calm dow gents comment!
    I inquired of you if any action was to be taken in relation to the matter to which you gave the above response. So no warning even given to the gent!
    I stated on the forum and by PM that I had gotten an abusive PM, so to say it was not reported is a little disingenious Sam IMO!

Now I am not too bothered about the comments but what I am perturbed about is the inconsistant application of the rules!

I know you did not take any action against me in relation to the post, but as said it was not intended to offend and you told us to quit it, which I did with a sorry no offence intended reply!

You had dealt with the situation and if the gentleman concerned had an issue he should have reported me to you and not have doled out the abuse he did on several occassions!

Sam I am not trying to get into an arguement but if what was said to me was said to other members here action would have been taken IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Well Sam two wrong do not make a right! (That was my point!)
    I posted a light hearted thread yesturday which you posted was inappropriate!
    I hope you agree that it was not a bad minded post Doc Love and Mark can comment!
    I said sorry and stated no offence was meant to the person in the request forum!
    I was then in at least two threads called a stupid C**T by the person concerned!
    I then recieved a PM in which I was told to go F**K Yourself you stupid retarded C**T!
    I (going against type) remained calm and did not rise to it, expecting action to be taken as it has on many occassions!
    Instead most of the abusive comments were removed and there was a calm dow gents comment!
    I inquired of you if any action was to be taken in relation to the matter to which you gave the above response. So no warning even given to the gent!
    I stated on the forum and by PM that I had gotten an abusive PM, so to say it was not reported is a little disingenious Sam IMO!

Now I am not too bothered about the comments but what I am perturbed about is the inconsistant application of the rules!

I know you did not take any action against me in relation to the post, but as said it was not intended to offend and you told us to quit it, which I did with a sorry no offence intended reply!

You had dealt with the situation and if the gentleman concerned had an issue he should have reported me to you and not have doled out the abuse he did on several occassions!

Sam I am not trying to get into an arguement but if what was said to me was said to other members here action would have been taken IMO!
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I looked at it like this; I could either resolved the issue without warning two people, or give them the opportunity to calm down and let it slide.

If you want me to be consistent, I would have to sanction both of you, but as it was a mere misunderstanding, I decided to use a different approach.

Reviews

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I looked at it like this; I could either resolved the issue without warning two people, or give them the opportunity to calm down and let it slide.

If you want me to be consistent, I would have to sanction both of you, but as it was a mere misunderstanding, I decided to use a different approach.
    Sam I realise it is a judgement call and I am not saying your job is easy!
    I know you do your best, but to me C**T is the most disgusting term of abuse a person can use!
    I have seen sanction been taken against others for far less! ( e.gAn Don!)
    Please do not see this as a personal slight against you Sam but as I said it is my belief that if this was said to Westie or Nagan for example there would have been at the very least a PM warning the offender not to behave in that way!
    I also find it a little annoying that you say the PM was not reported! You knew about it but were not inclined to ask is a more accurate account!

Sam I realise it is a judgement call and I am not saying your job is easy!
    I know you do your best, but to me C**T is the most disgusting term of abuse a person can use!
    I have seen sanction been taken against others for far less! ( e.gAn Don!)
    Please do not see this as a personal slight against you Sam but as I said it is my belief that if this was said to Westie or Nagan for example there would have been at the very least a PM warning the offender not to behave in that way!
    I also find it a little annoying that you say the PM was not reported! You knew about it but were not inclined to ask is a more accurate account!
    To be fair, you don't know what I said to this guy via PM. I don't think you have anything against me at all, nor do I you.

Yes, it's a judgement call, and if you want to see my line of thought on this one, here it is in black and white. Bear in mind, I didn't catch the instigating post in time:

-A client makes a request
    -Another poster mocks the request (which is against the rules)
    -The client is upset (hence the reason I put the rules up regarding mocking client requests)
    -The client retaliates
    -I ask a couple of questions, the poster reports a public comment
    -I recieve the answers, delete all the pointless posts and tell everyone to get over it
    -The poster asks if the client has been sanctioned for the comments, I say no, as it was silly
    -The client agreed to refrain from further comments
    -I've heard nothing more since

That's my perception in a nutshell. I don't see the point in dragging this issue any further to be honest. It's pretty pointless, especially when this guy agreed to let it drop, and I thought you had too. Call it inconsistencey if you wish, but in reality, it was all very silly and I feel it was dealt fairly and simply without making a big deal out of it.
    Last edited by samlad; 18-01-11 at 18:35.

Reviews

To be fair, you don't know what I said to this guy via PM. I don't think you have anything against me at all, nor do I you.

Yes, it's a judgement call, and if you want to see my line of thought on this one, here it is in black and white. Bear in mind, I didn't catch the instigating post in time:

-A client makes a request
    -Another poster mocks the request (which is against the rules)
    -The client is upset (hence the reason I put the rules up regarding mocking client requests)
    -The client retaliates
    -I ask a couple of questions, the poster reports a public comment
    -I recieve the answers, delete all the pointless posts and tell everyone to get over it
    -The poster asks if the client has been sanctioned for the comments, I say no, as it was silly
    -The client agreed to refrain from further comments
    -I've heard nothing more since

That's my perception in a nutshell. I don't see the point in dragging this issue any further to be honest. It's pretty pointless, especially when this guy agreed to let it drop, and I thought you had too. Call it inconsistencey if you wish, but in reality, it was all very silly and I feel it was dealt fairly and simply without making a big deal out of it.
    Well Sam as said, I know you made what you believe to be a fair judgement call but I do disagree with it!
    I am not making a big deal of it, but, simply was asking for your thought process.
    You have answered the question, thanks!
    I will stay in my location!

Well Sam as said, I know you made what you believe to be a fair judgement call but I do disagree with it!
    I am not making a big deal of it, but, simply was asking for your thought process.
    You have answered the question, thanks!
    I will stay in my location!
    Fair enough, and no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by madjake View Post
    The banning system has me a little confused.
    Is it possible for the mods to give some official guide lines as to what is acceptable and what is not.
    I've seen some people calling others conts (spell check needed) and and getting away with it and some people saying a lesser offensive words and getting severely slapped for it.
    Is it not also a fair assumption to say that each time someone gets banned then the length of the ban should increase with each offence until they are banned for good.
    Is it a case of depends who you are as to the punishment handed out.

Should we not try and be alot more friendly here and take the view of "If you haven't something nice to say then say nothing."
    I know you might say well it all depends on the context in which the insult was used but we can all manipulate words to say something in a joking way yet get the point across as an insult.
    Please enlighten me in a nice way.
    Jake
    Its strange, when I read this I thought it was Mr Maxi. But strangely the user name is MadJake. Syntax always catches people out, doesnt it?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

ChiefHandker (18-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Its strange, when I read this I thought it was Mr Maxi. But strangely the user name is MadJake. Syntax always catches people out, doesnt it?
    I think Mr Maxi has his "Stalking for beginners Class on Tuesdays!"!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyboy10 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (18-01-11)

I think Mr Maxi has his "Stalking for beginners Class on Tuesdays!"!
    Danny, i understand people have their views on some banned users, but please dont make allegations as such on the boards. This is not defending Mr Maxi in anyway, but its unfair to make allegations as this. Matters such as this are for the Guardi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast