Has anybody considered the logic of such a law? Taking it at face value (and depending on your view point) it might seem like a great law as it apparently reduces prostitiution. However in reality it really is drafted on the basis of the 'end' justifying the 'means' with scant regard for the opinions of those involved. Whats the great evil here? ..trafficing of women against their will, and their subsequent exploitation by criminals I'd suggest. Hence this should be the primary concern/subject of any legislation. Those remaining 'involved' in this business, both punter and service provider, are there of their own free will. As for it being an 'act of violence' - no way, I strongly I disagree with this statement. Punters have different motives but to describe us as individuals who serially abuse women to get our 'kicks' is wrong and grotesque. Prostitution is a moral issue, but we should be free to make our own choices.

As a final thought - shouldn't the Swedish authorities employ their resources targeting those involved in the trafficing? Sure they may tout the fact that there are less of them in business, ...but chances are they'll have moved on to running coke or heroin or god knows what else. A bad egg's a bad egg, cutting down the number of chickens in the farm yard kinda misses the point.