Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Vehicles?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    What use is a warranty when you're stuck at the side of the road?
    Takes the fun out of it
    Fair enough, but i deal with morrisons in cahir and they always give me a decent car every time, usually same day, some cool ones too, think of it this way; you buy one get to drive many

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    Fair enough, but i deal with morrisons in cahir and they always give me a decent car every time, usually same day, some cool ones too, think of it this way; you buy one get to drive many
    I'm so angry with how badly I've been treated in the past, I'd rather walk.

Buy a VW, you wont need a warranty!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Funnily enough I sort of have one.
    Related to Vw anyway.

Never a problem. Relatively cheap to run.

Reviews

I'm so angry with how badly I've been treated in the past, I'd rather walk.
    I'll tell you a story;

Red light came on in dash, bmw took it to local limk bmw garage, needed new steering column, they were clueless took them over a week to get it started after putting it in, guys had to come up from tipp to sort it (in five mins).
    drove to wales, got off ferry light came on again, brought it to the nearest dealer, the most ignorant shower of cunts i've ever dealt with 3 hours to plug it in for five mins!!
    arrived at the hotel (100 miles away) eml came on, so i called bmw assist, I told them the problem, it was still driving so they asked me to drive it to a bmw garage which i did. they found a faulty censor and charged me £286 even though it was under warranty (they said my european bmw warranty wasn't valid in the uk!!).
    got into car to drive away it started shaking and wouldn't drive so had to leave it there, was supposed to go home on the wednesday but bmw wouldn't pay to get me home cos i drove it into the garage instead of getting a recovery truck (which they asked me to!!!!). I called bmw uk, bmw assist and bmw ireland all told me to go fuck myself and find my own way home (i couldn't fly as i had a lot of shopping and luggage)

i was very angry the problem was when they replaced the sensor a piece of the old one had broken of into the engine and the engine would have to be stripped which was my problem of course!!

I phoned morrisons spoke to the MD and within 5 mins got a phonecall from the head of bmw ireland who said don't worry about anything, she arranged for a bmw to be brought by recovery truck to rosslare, over on the ferry for me to go home in, all on the same day as the phonecall.

My car was brought to tipp on the recovery truck, it took 5 weeks and €12,000 to find the fault, bmw repaid all my costs & more and were very nice about the whole thing.

didn't cost me a penny in the end, service was superb (once i was dealing with the guys who sold it to me) they updated me everyday and there was no way they were giving it back till it was 100%

I don't think i would have got that service anywhere else IMO

Sure they break down a lot but they look after you when it happens, I have had bmws for years now so I know what their like and i accept it. Plus i drive the shit out of it and unlike any other marque bmw expect you to drive their cars and never question how you drive it.

I love them, everything is in the right place (where you expect it to be), no rattles or annoying noises, excellent to drive, a real drivers car! and the sound off that beautiful 6 cylinder engine when you put the foot down OMG! (4 cylinder bmw engines just blow up)

I had a new audi in 05 and gave it back after a month cos it rattled so much!! never again

I know I have had a lot of trouble with bmw cars but their worth it, I buy them because i love driving and thats why i'll continue to buy them

They're pretty too
    Last edited by hornylimerick; 07-01-11 at 21:56.

Reviews

My gf has a GT golf and the supercharger went the other day only 30,000 kms on the clock???

Reviews

My gf has a GT golf and the supercharger went the other day only 30,000 kms on the clock???
    That's not a real car. That doesn't count.

Reviews

That's not a real car. That doesn't count.
    Ever driven one?

1.4 petrol with a turbo and supercharger! OMG it's some thing to go!! but your right bmws are best lol

Obviously the fault lies with your girlfriend and not the car!

Reviews

Obviously the fault lies with your girlfriend and not the car!

I know Women! every wheel on it is wrecked and every time she goes into a carpark there's another scratch or dint (or both!) on it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast