Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Do people really want to work?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Angry Do people really want to work?

    I ask this because lately we've found it's very hard to recruit people, the reason being is that their better off on social welfare!!!

    The jobs we have pay well IMO, basic of 450 but majority of our lads go home with about 600-900 depending on their rate of work, this is not bad, is it?

    the government are completely to blame for this, last budget they took 40 (average figure) from the person out working and 8 per week of the social, this is madness!!!

    any opinions anyone?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    I ask this because lately we've found it's very hard to recruit people, the reason being is that their better off on social welfare!!!

    The jobs we have pay well IMO, basic of €450 but majority of our lads go home with about €600-900 depending on their rate of work, this is not bad, is it?

    the government are completely to blame for this, last budget they took €40 (average figure) from the person out working and €8 per week of the social, this is madness!!!

    any opinions anyone?
    You still offereing the job
    What are you doing
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Yep same problem myself.
    I started to say one our two things, but I'd go on for so long I just don't have time at the mo.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    You still offereing the job
    What are you doing
    No, after going through about 500 cv's and offering the job to over twenty people we finally got 2.

    even had this new crowd called job fit pestering me to give their applicants a chance, they were suitable so offered them the jobs, 6 out of six said they were better off on the social, jobfit said they were the people who were complaining the most about not having a job and said they would do anything for one.

    I MEAN WTF!!!!

    Last edited by hornylimerick; 04-01-11 at 11:29.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    No, after going through about 500 cv's and offering the job to over twenty people we finally got 2.

    even had this new crowd called job fit pestering me to give their applicants a chance, they were suitable so offered them the jobs, 6 out of six said they were better off on the social, jobfit said they were the people who were complaining the most about not having a job and said they would do anything for one.

    I MEAN WTF!!!!

    Some people eh
    I suppose if you look at it from their point of view for example say f tehy have kids
    Thats 450 - say 200 for crech- 50 for car parking that leaves them with 200e same as teh dole and teh loss of any medical card. mortage allowance etc

    Still though as you said teh possiblility of boosting your potential earnings (through commison I suspect) would be fairly attractive
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Reviews
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Some people eh
    I suppose if you look at it from their point of view for example say f tehy have kids
    Thats 450 - say 200 for crech- 50 for car parking that leaves them with 200e same as teh dole and teh loss of any medical card. mortage allowance etc

    Still though as you said teh possiblility of boosting your potential earnings (through commison I suspect) would be fairly attractive
    we cannot continue to describe this as capitalism, though.
    Last edited by warmcome; 04-01-11 at 11:37.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    One guy told me he got € 850 a week on the dole.
    € 1600 per month children allowance.
    And a 4 bed house.
    Polish lad, said he was now retired at 35.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Reviews
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    One guy told me he got € 850 a week on the dole.
    € 1600 per month children allowance.
    And a 4 bed house.
    Polish lad, said he was now retired at 35.
    work hard or watchTV-the system equals it all out...
    Last edited by warmcome; 04-01-11 at 11:44.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    I see your point, but it's not commission, we give them a certain minimum sq. metres to do in a day, 220 to be exact our best guys do anywhere from 300-400m2 per day easily in a nine hour day five days a week and go home every week with around €900 possibly more this time of year.

    this country has a serious problem at the moment, we are paying so much out on social welfare to people who just don't want to work!!

    that's my experience anyway

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    work hard/watchTV-the system equals it all out...
    Not too sure what you're saying there Mr Come.
    I've had two guys leave, because they figured they would be better off on the dole. One on € 35 k and the other on € 50k

    Dole plus a few cash in hand jobs.
    And now I'm supposed to compete with them, where I pay tax.
    Not exactly a level playing field

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •