Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Gaylord and the moderators

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Thats funny ....
    Thank you Mr Nut, however I was intending to make the point that this political correctness has gone mad.
    Mr Gaylord had a valid point that his joke may not have been pc.
    Mine made his look very very tame.

I had hoped for discussion, perhaps a heated debate, and then to make the point of where do we draw the line?
    Instead I have the point removed and no hope of serious debate.

And by the way it was not Mr G.

So do we not want any serious debate here?
    Everything to be all PC?
    No real hope then

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I don't get offended at much. Open leg shots, the various technicolour pussy shots, cum shots etc etc don't bother me. Likewise the banter. That post did. I understand the need for open debate, I don't think it was an acceptable way to open that debate.
    fair enough....... I'm not easily offended either, most ppl comment on my sick twisted sense of humor, I must admit i had to read it twice, maybe because i knew it could be taken as being offensive...... but i took it as i thought it was intended - as a joke and moved on........

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hornylimerick For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (30-12-10), OnlyMe (30-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    Thank you Mr Nut, however I was intending to make the point that this political correctness has gone mad.
    Mr Gaylord had a valid point that his joke may not have been pc.
    Mine made his look very very tame.

I had hoped for discussion, perhaps a heated debate, and then to make the point of where do we draw the line?
    Instead I have the point removed and no hope of serious debate.

And by the way it was not Mr G.

So do we not want any serious debate here?
    Everything to be all PC?
    No real hope then
    I'm fairly new here, but what i have noticed an awful lot to posts seem to be deleted quiet often, which just doesn't make sense to me, we are all adults, it's an adult website, so lets talk about thing that are taboo..... not glorify them but talk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hornylimerick For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (30-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of Gaylord's thread and was I believe designed to cause a rumpus.
    It was posted to cause some debate.
    Adults here, please treat us as such

If you posted to cause debate you did so. You also caused disquiet. If you want open and free discussion how about start with subjects that aren't going to cause uproar?

This 'point' that you are all pushing, the right to debate, is fine. But if its on a high listed website read by all manner of agencies and, I dare say, internet watchdogs, I wouldn't expect posts promoting peodophilia, bestiality, speeding, drug taking/trafficking/running, brothel keeping etc to remain. That would be foolish, and kind of why the moderators are here. To make sure there is a forum tomorrow. Is it so hard to figure?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (30-12-10), Rodney69 (30-12-10)

Reviews

The thread was put up by Gaylord presumably to start a debate on stereotyping of the gay community with reference to a particular advert from a New Zealand brewery. From what I could gather members were being asked to debate whether they viewed it as harmless e.g. funny or offensive.

A joke about paedophilia, apart from being insensitive, probably hurtfull to anybody who has been the victim of child sex abuse, was also completely off topic. What was your intention........to link paedophilia to homosexuality? Some might have interpreted it that way as it was posted on a serious thread of a "gay" interest.

Of all places, I think jokes about paedophilia would go down like a lead balloon in Ireland.

Bringing up Bernard Manning does'nt justify it either......if he were around today telling his brand of humour, he would land himself in plenty of hot water.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    If you posted to cause debate you did so. You also caused disquiet. If you want open and free discussion how about start with subjects that aren't going to cause uproar?

This 'point' that you are all pushing, the right to debate, is fine. But if its on a high listed website read by all manner of agencies and, I dare say, internet watchdogs, I wouldn't expect posts promoting peodophilia, bestiality, speeding, drug taking/trafficking/running, brothel keeping etc to remain. That would be foolish, and kind of why the moderators are here. To make sure there is a forum tomorrow. Is it so hard to figure?
    I don't think anybody would object to a debate on the subject of paedophilia, i.e. discussing it's evil nature, the damage it causes etc......however using a public forum to either promote it or turn it into a matter of comedy via jokes is a very different kettle of fish.

Blog Entries

Mr Gaylord had a very valid thread earlier that was largely ignored.
    He was talking about "low-carb beer is only for queers", is this just a silly joke or basically political correctness gone too far.

Well I made the point, in my own way, that this is pc gone too far.
    I made a joke, looking for trouble, I admit, to get a reaction.

This has been taken down.

I think this is an important issue that deserves debate and should not be sensored by moderators.

I think there are several points that could be discussed and don't need moderators intervention.
    Bloody NANNY STATE
    If you really meant it as a joke, and was looking for a reaction than you should have posted it in the 'Gay' forum; posting in Gneral chat was lame, and not what I'd expect from a true wind-up merchant, just my thoughts on the matter

Reviews

The thread was put up by Gaylord presumably to start a debate on stereotyping of the gay community with reference to a particular advert from a New Zealand brewery. From what I could gather members were being asked to debate whether they viewed it as harmless e.g. funny or offensive.

A joke about paedophilia, apart from being insensitive, probably hurtfull to anybody who has been the victim of child sex abuse, was also completely off topic. What was your intention........to link paedophilia to homosexuality? Some might have interpreted it that way as it was posted on a serious thread of a "gay" interest.

Of all places, I think jokes about paedophilia would go down like a lead balloon in Ireland.

Bringing up Bernard Manning does'nt justify it either......if he were around today telling his brand of humour, he would land himself in plenty of hot water.
    I am not sure if you have been reading my posts or just choose to ignore them.
    I have been making the point that there is a point for being correct, but at times this point is ridiculous. I am not making any links between being gay and paedophilia, I think this is you just trying to make a link. However you do bring up a good point, Bernard Manning was not PC by any stretch of the imagination, but he was funny, and despite what some might say, I didn't find him offensive.
    He wasn't looking to be offensive, he wanted to be funny and he was.
    Mr Gaylords references were the same, funny. Who in their right mind could take it any other way?
    PC gone mad

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyMe For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (30-12-10)

I don't think anybody would object to a debate on the subject of paedophilia, i.e. discussing it's evil nature, the damage it causes etc......however using a public forum to either promote it or turn it into a matter of comedy via jokes is a very different kettle of fish.
    I have no problem debating any issue. If that debate is managed sensitively. I do not find it appropriate for a forum where adults come together to discuss the paid sex scene, however I realise it should be a topic open for discussion. I have severe reservations on the wisdom of joking about these matters in any context, or using them as examples to prove petty points scored on the back of whichever Merlot has been drank this evening.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast