Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Clique

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    as per usual the same people have taken over this thread...

Would that be a clique then?

What is a clique in this context? Anyone got any ideas?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (30-12-10)

Reviews

Glad I aint in it, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    as per usual the same people have taken over this thread...
    I feel a bit of déjà vu penning this.

Cliquism, does it really exist or are there just social circles. The word clique to me denotes a closed group of individuals that do not allow others in without invitation. I do not believe therefore that cliques exist. Personally I feel there is not a select 6 or so posters that band together in an ‘us against them’ scenario. There is no secret handshake and is no special initiation procedure to join.

But there are social groups. There are different types of posters here, some are serious posters and others are comedy posters. I happen to be talented enough to fall into both categories…. lol. Then you have habitual posters and occasional posters. What I think is that the group of habitual posters are being mistaken as a clique. It is obvious that the more you post alongside other habitual posters you are going to build up more rapport than with the occasional poster. You can share a joke posted on a thread that was running last night for example. And conversation will bounce back and forth.

But I will admit that there are a number of social groups, and this invariably happens in all societies. For example: Donna, Ben, Lucy and Jimbop… Dannyboy, Doc and Shirleyy…. Debest and erm….eh…. well you get my point. Oh yeah Ray (phew…). A lot of times these people have things in common like golf or an appreciation of cars or boxing. But the main thing here is we ALL have one thing in common no mater what type of poster you are… shaggin lassies… I kinda think of it as if we are all at a large dinner party. Even though we are all invited to the same party, there will invariably be little groups of friends spotted around. There is no reason why anyone may not leave his/her group and mingle. Likewise if another wants to join in on our group they are welcomed.

So I think the word clique is only used by someone that is finding it difficult to get involved in a social group, and maybe feels a little left out. Well I can tell ya one thing, no one should feel this way and I am sure would be welcomed into any circle…It just takes time to get known or find a common interest…

Was that longwinded…..lol.

Karin would be proud of me….

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (30-12-10), Lucy Chambers (30-12-10), OnlyMe (30-12-10)

Reviews

I think we know the common interest

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyMe For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (30-12-10)

Reviews

Thanks for ruining my thread.

An important question on the clique issue is.....Does anyone actually give a fuck that much??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I feel a bit of déjà vu penning this.

Cliquism, does it really exist or are there just social circles. The word clique to me denotes a closed group of individuals that do not allow others in without invitation. I do not believe therefore that cliques exist. Personally I feel there is not a select 6 or so posters that band together in an ‘us against them’ scenario. There is no secret handshake and is no special initiation procedure to join.

But there are social groups. There are different types of posters here, some are serious posters and others are comedy posters. I happen to be talented enough to fall into both categories…. lol. Then you have habitual posters and occasional posters. What I think is that the group of habitual posters are being mistaken as a clique. It is obvious that the more you post alongside other habitual posters you are going to build up more rapport than with the occasional poster. You can share a joke posted on a thread that was running last night for example. And conversation will bounce back and forth.

But I will admit that there are a number of social groups, and this invariably happens in all societies. For example: Donna, Ben, Lucy and Jimbop… Dannyboy, Doc and Shirleyy…. Debest and erm….eh…. well you get my point. Oh yeah Ray (phew…). A lot of times these people have things in common like golf or an appreciation of cars or boxing. But the main thing here is we ALL have one thing in common no mater what type of poster you are… shaggin lassies… I kinda think of it as if we are all at a large dinner party. Even though we are all invited to the same party, there will invariably be little groups of friends spotted around. There is no reason why anyone may not leave his/her group and mingle. Likewise if another wants to join in on our group they are welcomed.

So I think the word clique is only used by someone that is finding it difficult to get involved in a social group, and maybe feels a little left out. Well I can tell ya one thing, no one should feel this way and I am sure would be welcomed into any circle…It just takes time to get known or find a common interest…

Was that longwinded…..lol.

Karin would be proud of me….
    What ............ ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Thanks for ruining my thread.

An important question on the clique issue is.....Does anyone actually give a fuck that much??
    Your welcome...

I think you will find that there are those that do. We all want to have fun and there are those on the fringe that may find it hard to join in. Mybe we should start a thread where we encourage as many different posters as possible to join in.

You would be good at coming up with a stupid topic DeEegit...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    What ............ ?
    Cant find your glasses again Nutter...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Cant find your glasses again Nutter...
    Naw... too many words .... zzzzzzz (Fletcher's Port 2005!)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast