Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Support Doozer in his attempt to kick the habit

1. Default

i went to a guy in cork, 160€ , riverside hypnotherapy and it worked a treat, you tell him when you smoke most (morning coffe, in the car and with pints) and he'll sort it out. i thought itd never be able to with me, but it was so easy. def worth a try

Reviews

[QUOTE=Doozer;355370]Yes thats right I am trying to quit smoking so everyone please lend your support

Cold Turkey is the way i done it
    Alan Carr worked for me 4 yrs ago
    money well spent in my book
    walked in 20-30 a day smoker... not 1 since

Allen Carr Clinics Ireland, How to Give up Smoking, Programmes Dublin, Quit Smoking, Ireland, Give Up Smoking Programmes Dublin, Nicotine Addiction: Stop Smoking Today

Reviews

The one thing you guys have to remember is that there is no "right way" - everybody has their own method which works for them.

But you have to want to give them up. That sounds obvious, but after a few days you may find yourself scrambling to find a reason why you want to give them up. If that's the case, you ain't going to succeed.

I tried dozens of times before I succeeded, and I did it cold turkey. The funny thing was, when I gave them up for the final time I KNEW I had given them up for good. Since then I discovered that others who were successful had the same feeling.

But the best of luck to all of you in this
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

barcode (27-12-10), Doozer (27-12-10)

Reviews

Heya mate,
    I quit the day of the smoking ban, no drugs, books, hypno-crap, acupuncture just good old fashioned cold Christmas roast. I'm not going to lie, it was shit hard, I mean I was a 60 a day merchant 1 min and a recovering addict the next. But if I can do it anyone can. Have faith in yourself and replace the hand habit with something else, might be as simple as taking a mouthful of water every time your hand gets board but simple things like that work. Anyway, best of luck with it, if you ever need to talk about it you know how to get me. As I said, best of luck mate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to n73 For This Useful Post:

Doozer (27-12-10)

Reviews

I would be in the same boat as n73 in that if I could give them up, well anyone could, so addicted was I.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Best of luck mate, I imagine you need to be in the right frame of mind, you must want to give them up rather than feeling you need to give them up but not really wanting to. I hope you do succeed, ask any nurse, lung cancer is one of the worst ways a person can die

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Doozer (27-12-10)

Reviews

K Doozie, Jan 4 cos I'll be in the pub that weekend. Tried Alan Carr. Worked for a month. Tried hypno, loads boleeks. Tried inhailer. No joy. Cold turkey for me with help from my friends.

Reviews

[QUOTE=barcode;355486]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Yes thats right I am trying to quit smoking so everyone please lend your support

Cold Turkey is the way i done it
    Alan Carr worked for me 4 yrs ago
    money well spent in my book
    walked in 20-30 a day smoker... not 1 since

Allen Carr Clinics Ireland, How to Give up Smoking, Programmes Dublin, Quit Smoking, Ireland, Give Up Smoking Programmes Dublin, Nicotine Addiction: Stop Smoking Today
    Yo Doozer, I read the Allen Carr book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking 8 years ago before I quit and I must say it was a help for sure.

And one thing you can really look forward to is waking up on a sunday morning and feel really fucken good about yourself that you didnt touch a ciggie the whole week long and especially after pints the night previous....

Reviews

I'm still a smoker but started smoking roll ups, definitely a lot easier on the lungs first thing in the morning and smoke a lot less during the day due to hassle of rolling a cig.
    Healthier and fitter now but should still really quit but at least I'm not worried about weight gain and not fightable which I would be not smokin at all. Heaviest smoking happens to me while on computer, a 20 deck would only last a couple of hours.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Derry lad For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (28-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    I'm still a smoker but started smoking roll ups, definitely a lot easier on the lungs first thing in the morning and smoke a lot less during the day due to hassle of rolling a cig.
    Healthier and fitter now but should still really quit but at least I'm not worried about weight gain and not fightable which I would be not smokin at all. Heaviest smoking happens to me while on computer, a 20 deck would only last a couple of hours.
    Yip...for me too. Tis here I tend to smoke the most.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Derry lad (28-12-10)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast