Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got scammed

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Tell that to the old lady that lets the nice gas man in.
    good point ..but i have to reply with what i thought straight away (sorry)

lucy dont let james in after he eats onions ffs.

(im a sad fecker i know)

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    good point ..but i have to reply with what i thought straight away (sorry)

lucy dont let james in after he eats onions ffs.

(im a sad fecker i know)
    Admit it. You miss him.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

benin (18-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Admit it. You miss him.
    i cant..he might see this....feck off.

Reviews

I was in my da's house a good few months ago and answered the phone . An indian voice asked me if i was Mr "Rimmerguy" and i replied no that i was his son and could i help him . He proceeded to inform me that there was a virus in my da's computer and he would be able to remove it , and all i had to do was turn on the machine and he would guide me thru some easy steps . Now my da doesn't have a computer so i was wide to this cunt straight away , and even if he did have one there was no f'n way i was gonna entertain him in a million yrs . Can't remember what i told him , but even if i could and reposted it here , i'd prob get an infraction !

Sorry to hear you were duped EP , but i'm sure you'll never be caught out again in the future . These bastards call 100s of people a day , and it just takes one person for their effort to be worthwhile .
    I have no signature at the moment

sorry to hear E.P got scammed.. it is strange how these people can come up with really convincing stories to con money out of people I feel sorry for them that fall into their scams and loose out to them.. but unfortunately it is a money motivated world and many people think of nothing esle but money and how to scam money out of people.. actually heard of a scam recently and to be honest I actually feel sorry for the scammer that they need to use such lies to get money of someone.. but then I guess karma is the best revenge ever.. and for them that dont believe in karma it does happen...x

Reviews

You should have known better, I never trust IT people as a rule. A few yrs ago a man dressed as a garda robbed a local woman, who is in her 80s. Some people have no respect. Hanging would be too good for them.

I presume you're not implying they got your details off his site???
    By "Mr Rimmerguy" you mean "Mr Yourrealname"???

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    I was in my da's house a good few months ago and answered the phone . An indian voice asked me if i was Mr "Rimmerguy" and i replied no that i was his son and could i help him . He proceeded to inform me that there was a virus in my da's computer and he would be able to remove it , and all i had to do was turn on the machine and he would guide me thru some easy steps . Now my da doesn't have a computer so i was wide to this cunt straight away , and even if he did have one there was no f'n way i was gonna entertain him in a million yrs . Can't remember what i told him , but even if i could and reposted it here , i'd prob get an infraction !

Sorry to hear you were duped EP , but i'm sure you'll never be caught out again in the future . These bastards call 100s of people a day , and it just takes one person for their effort to be worthwhile .
    Last edited by bedridden; 18-12-10 at 22:55.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bedridden View Post
    I presume you're not implying they got your details off his site???
    By "Mr Rimmerguy" you mean "Mr Yourrealname"???
    That is his real name just like his father and his father before him.

Ohh... of course... the Rimmerguys...I have him placed now...Great family.

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    That is his real name just like his father and his father before him.
    Last edited by bedridden; 18-12-10 at 23:12.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bedridden For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (18-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    thanks my friend I'll do that the software I installed is Malwarebytes Anti Malware....
    There is actually a genuine product with that name but, often what these guys will do is get you to install some nasty software that happens to have the same name as something well known and trusted.

Until you have been able to restore your computer to a good state you really should not trust it at all. It may be that they have not done anything bad to your computer but taking that on trust is unwise.

How best to fix things?

You need to install some good quality software that will check for any bad stuff that may be present. I would recommend strongly that you do not try to download this software from the net. Some malware actually tracks your website accesses and redirects you to fake sites that mimic the real one so that you download more bad software. I would suggest that you wander off to a shop and buy a CD that has some anti virus/anti malware software. It need not cost a lot. Some computer mags have free CDs on the front and they often contain a trial version of one of the big-name security suites. That should cost you no more than the price of a beer.

I would suggest that you consider changing all your passwords, especially for sites like ebay, paypal etc as well as the obvious ones like internet banking.

Sadly, your name and phone number will now be on a list of folks who have been scammed and you will get more calls. (The guys who do this kind of thing are impressively well organised.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast