Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only in America

Reviews

America is sue crazy, and that mentality is growing over here. Thats why insurance premiums are getting more expensive and why safety regulations are such a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    America is sue crazy, and that mentality is growing over here. Thats why insurance premiums are getting more expensive and why safety regulations are such a pain in the arse.
    Ya think!? ( I'm Irish but live here in the States)... I pay (literally) a small fraction for my car insurance here compared to what I did in IRL.. and yeah, it's a bigger market etc but primary reason is that the car accident legal cases in Ireland make the US stuff look like peanuts.
    Regarding the original post- I'm in two minds about it- not so sure little kids should be targeted ( btw- Sweden prohibits advertising on terrestrial channels to children under the age of 12 years)..& here in the US, Michele Obama is trying to promote healthy eating for kids in schools ( of course, wing-nuts like Sarah Palin mock this .. so Michele is probably right..).. that siad, parents have to lead the way- do you really want to live in a complete nanny state!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Ahaha this reminds me of the case last year when a woman in Florida called the cops THREE times on McDonalds because they'd run out of chicken nuggets:

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble"

Florida Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I will say this though, after watching a couple afternoon's worth of tv with my niece on nickelodeon or whatever channel it was I think it's fucking disgusting the way each 4 minute adbreak is crammed with toy advert after toy advert. It's not fair on the parents and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
    Don't know if it's true, but heard that in Sweden you are not allow to target any advertising at childern. Good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12