Thread: Are they In the wrong business?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    not exactly the same thing but.. a number of years ago I was with the mot & her (female) friend in a poplar west of IRL town over a bank holiday w/e. Almost all the B&Bs were sold out so we booked a room through the tourist office.. when the three of us showed up, the auld battleaxe who ran the place obviously didn't like that a) the couple weren't married & b) we had a ladyfriend in tow who was to share the room with us.. so she make all sorts of 1950s type comments to try to make us feel uncomfortable ( that worked- not! we were just glad to have a room for the night) .. so that evening the three of us put on a big sound display in the room with bedsprings, fake moaning etc. But interestingly enough at breakfast ( ie just prior to getting her MONEY) the old bat was nice as pie;
    She'd have been well within her rights to turn us away ..but most times cash talks louder than principles

Did you complain via the tourist office?, if you felt the B&B owner was not extending a Failte welcome!

GL

GL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polish%20Landlady_sm.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	36308  
    Last edited by Gaylord; 09-02-11 at 07:56.
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"