Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The Truth About Beauty

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paranoia Dept.
    Posts
    2,325

    Default The Truth About Beauty

    ( yes, I'm sure it's been debated many times before- I spend too much time on these boards too..)
    Interesting & witty piece of fluff from Psychology Today mag
    The Truth About Beauty | Psychology Today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49738-38724.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	33650

    The Truth About Beauty
    here's a quote ( & yes, I'm deliberately taking it out of context...)
    "Apparently, women need only open a page of Vogue and they're under its spell—they sleepwalk to Sephora to load up on anti-wrinkle potions, then go on harsh diets, eating only carrots fertilized with butterfly poo."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    And your point is?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    A fine example of why you shouldn't drink before you post.

    CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paranoia Dept.
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    And your point is?
    Do you (purposefully) see many bowellers yerself- did you ever wonder why? , or perhaps that's beyond your intellectual capacity?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paranoia Dept.
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    A fine example of why you shouldn't drink before you post.

    CG
    I take it you didn't read it then.
    Last edited by Franken996; 13-12-10 at 20:57.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    Do you (purposefully) see many bowellers yerself- did you ever wonder why? , or perhaps that's beyond your intellectual capacity?
    The second one, silafoam

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    I take it you didn't read it then.
    I never drink that much.

    CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paranoia Dept.
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    here's a question, the next time you're woolgathering. if people always tend to go after the beautiful women and men, why are there still ugly people around? wouldn't the process of natural selection weed out all the less desirable a long time ago?
    ( Although- Beauty has already been solved mathematically. The Math Behind the Beauty )

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    here's a question, the next time you're woolgathering. if people always tend to go after the beautiful women and men, why are there still ugly people around? wouldn't the process of natural selection weed out all the less desirable a long time ago?
    ( Although- Beauty has already been solved mathematically. The Math Behind the Beauty )
    Stop drinking and go to bed.

    CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paranoia Dept.
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Stop drinking and go to bed.

    CG
    It's only 3pm where I am amigo, I'm as sober as a judge, but thanks for your concern!
    How about letting someone who isn't whining contribute- there's a novel noelle idea for you.
    merry festivus
    Last edited by Franken996; 13-12-10 at 21:17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •