Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men are good at cars so..............

An Oil change would depend on the last time the oil was changed and milage clocked up since, I suppose the most important question is who serviced it last,If same person i would be happy but if it was someone else he should have changed the oil as the car is new to him. Either way you sound as if somone is screwing you from a different angle
    good luck
    Shobo

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by charlottebabe View Post
    I have just had my car winter serviced. Can you guys on here tell me if this should include an oil change? The service was very expensive and they told me it is not normal to do an oil change for a winter service. Not sure what to believe.
    Thanks for any good advice. xxx
    Very expensive?
    What did they do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charlottebabe View Post
    I have just had my car winter serviced. Can you guys on here tell me if this should include an oil change? The service was very expensive and they told me it is not normal to do an oil change for a winter service. Not sure what to believe.
    Thanks for any good advice. xxx
    I always have an oil change when car is serviced comes as part of the package

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I always have an oil change when car is serviced comes as part of the package
    I am concerned that this car had a summer service. Then an oil change would not be necessary.

So of no oil change what did they do to make it expensive?

Reviews

It will depend on a few factors.

1. Make and model of car
    2. Mileage since last oil change
    3. Time since last oil change
    4. Type of oil last used

Winter driving is the hardest on an engine so by doing an oil change is a good thing as long as the filter is changed as well.
    I use Castrol oil products on all of my cars and change the oil/filter every 6,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. One of my favourites now has 346,879 miles on it covered over 20 years. My real favourite has 34,519 miles covered and its 26 years old.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    It will depend on a few factors.

1. Make and model of car
    2. Mileage since last oil change
    3. Time since last oil change
    4. Type of oil last used

Winter driving is the hardest on an engine so by doing an oil change is a good thing as long as the filter is changed as well.
    I use Castrol oil products on all of my cars and change the oil/filter every 6,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. One of my favourites now has 346,879 miles on it covered over 20 years. My real favourite has 34,519 miles covered and its 26 years old.
    To use the correct type and quality of oil is very important, when an engine starts from cold the most engine wear takes place
    in the first 30 seconds after starting up, this is why its good for an engine to let it tick over for a minute after starting rather
    than reaching high revs. this is especially applicable to an engine with a Turbo, it is also good to let a engine that has been
    worked hard to tick over for a minute before shutting down
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    To use the correct type and quality of oil is very important, when an engine starts from cold the most engine wear takes place
    in the first 30 seconds after starting up, this is why its good for an engine to let it tick over for a minute after starting rather
    than reaching high revs. this is especially applicable to an engine with a Turbo, it is also good to let a engine that has been
    worked hard to tick over for a minute before shutting down
    Correct. It is also very important to let a Turbo engine cool on tickover after being worked so as no to let the oil crystalize on the hot turbo and gum up the works over time!

Reviews

While all this is true, I'm still curious what service work was done to make the bill expensive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12