Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: New Rules Pertaining to Youtube Videos

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default New Rules Pertaining to Youtube Videos

    Under the new rules i assume that Luthers winning video of the Nov Comp
    inspirational Videos must be removed. This video contains a large amount
    of Minors (school children). As the video was posted prior to new rule i
    assume he will escape sanction. Surely E-I cannot be seen to be giving
    prizes for entries into competitions which they deem to be breaking their
    rules.We are constantly told how rules are applied even handed so now
    we shall see. If this is left then all others posted prior to the rule must
    also be left. I assume something like a music video of shall we say the
    Jackson five is now taboo


    Political correctness gone mad
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

    BootSlick55 (08-12-10), ChiefHandker (07-12-10), Rayden (07-12-10), Ric Hardgear (07-12-10), rimmerguy (07-12-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    31,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Under the new rules i assume that Luthers winning video of the Nov Comp
    inspirational Videos must be removed. This video contains a large amount
    of Minors (school children). As the video was posted prior to new rule i
    assume he will escape sanction. Surely E-I cannot be seen to be giving
    prizes for entries into competitions which they deem to be breaking their
    rules.We are constantly told how rules are applied even handed so now
    we shall see. If this is left then all others posted prior to the rule must
    also be left. I assume something like a music video of shall we say the
    Jackson five is now taboo


    Political correctness gone mad
    Absolutely correct. We will be having a discussion about this at the EI office.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Have to agree.

    A friend of mine was taking a picture of his own children in his local park.

    He got a load of abuse of the local mothers.

    Lunacy

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,436
    Reviews
    13

    Default no children where hurt or used in this vid ...enjoy

    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 07-12-10 at 17:06. Reason: is this off topic?????
    a thousand kisses deep..

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

    Ad Staff (07-12-10), MrKinky (07-12-10)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    I agree. Really unnecessary rule. How many COUNTLESS videos have kids in them? Music videos, comedy, etc.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default

    It is indeed sad that probably one of the best things ever posted here will now have to be removed
    Just shows not much planning or thought was given to the introduction of this rule, as if done properly
    all the material should have been removed and the rule introduced simultaneously
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    It is indeed sad that probably one of the best things ever posted here will now have to be removed
    Just shows not much planning or thought was given to the introduction of this rule, as if done properly
    all the material should have been removed and the rule introduced simultaneously
    Whenever a rule is brought in, its always brought in moving forward, as there is too much content on the history to go back and check. To be honest with this one, the under 18 image / video should be common sense, as its adult site.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Whenever a rule is brought in, its always brought in moving forward, as there is too much content on the history to go back and check. To be honest with this one, the under 18 image / video should be common sense, as its adult site.
    So basically u are saying its fine to have images of minors here because if it was a legal issue they would all have to be removed
    Glad we cleared that up, as for the commonsense part as regards totally innocent avatars and pics in the past they have been
    removed. If i was looking for examples of commonsense this is deff not the place i would come to.
    So in fairness this has either to be a blanket ban or not atall as ure idea on what constitutes common sense and other peoples will
    greatly differ.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

    Rayden (07-12-10), rimmerguy (07-12-10)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    So basically u are saying its fine to have images of minors here because if it was a legal issue they would all have to be removed
    Glad we cleared that up, as for the commonsense part as regards totally innocent avatars and pics in the past they have been
    removed. If i was looking for examples of commonsense this is deff not the place i would come to.
    So in fairness this has either to be a blanket ban or not atall as ure idea on what constitutes common sense and other peoples will
    greatly differ.
    Its a blanket ban Ber, No minors are allowed who imaged or videoed cannot appear on this site, This goes for everything avatars movie/music clips pictures everything,
    These ones slipped through the net and we have apologised.
    Rest assured this will not happen again
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    Just outta curiosity, what about videos with large crowds, ie sports/music concert clips? Are they too off limit as well as there may be children in attendance?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •