Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: El Clasico

Reviews

Really was a pleasure to watch Real get spanked. It could've been 7 or 8 if Barca hadn't decided to toy with their opponents for 20 minutes of keep ball, almost like a matador teasing with their flicks. Real were a disgrace though, outplayed from start to finish and couldn't even lose with dignity. Carvalho should've been off on 2 separate instances before he did go. Ramos was rubbish and could have gone too.

As for all time greats, people were saying Ronaldinho was in the top all-time top 3 a few years ago which was total nonsense. Whether or not Messi joins the elite club of Cruyff, Maradona, Pele, Platini etc depends on if he can keep it goin for a few more years and achieve something at national level.

Reviews

Yeah - I've said before Ronaldo is overrated.

He has never performed against decent teams, and went AWOL during the last world cup.

I have to say I am a little surprised at the result - I mean, Real were one point clear before the match. But fair fucks to Barca.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

For me Abidal was my man of the match, I think he worked his socks off, thought he was outstanding.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    I've always thought Ronaldo's technical ability is overated. Not that he's poor technically, he's very very good. But they're are plenty of better players than Ronaldo in that aspect. People confuse is stupid stepovers and flicks with technical ability. He also doesn't have a great football brain, too many shots and too many dribbles when there is something better available. What he has got is extraordinary athleticism. I'd put him up there with Henry as the best athlete ever in football. This is what gives him his edge.
    Guys like Messi and Xavi aren't really great athletes but they make up for it with outstanding skill and football IQ.

Barca were awsome tonight! All there players were brilliant, even Alves who I think is generally shit. It shocked me seeing Madrid playing the offside trap so much. Barca are the last team you want to be doing that against.

Also, Cruyff and Garrincha >>> Messi.
    I'm not saying he is above them now, I'm saying he'll be up as one of the 3 best players ever, when he finishes. Remember, he is only 23.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I'm not saying he is above them now, I'm saying he'll be up as one of the 3 best players ever, when he finishes. Remember, he is only 23.
    I know, I wasn't being too serious. But he does have to get there though. Just saying that they are great players who get dismissed so often in favour of the newer generation.

Reviews

I don't really get people saying Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games, he clearly does. Although not tonight but which Madrid player did?

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    I don't really get people saying Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games, he clearly does. Although not tonight but which Madrid player did?
    madrid were shocking ....ok barca were awesome but if only one team play they will look even better than they are.......and if you look back ronaldo goes missing in a lot of big games not just last night.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (30-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    madrid were shocking ....ok barca were awesome but if only one team play they will look even better than they are.......and if you look back ronaldo goes missing in a lot of big games not just last night.
    The only time you’ll see Ronny in any big game against a good team is when he’s taking a free-kick.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    The only time you’ll see Ronny in any big game against a good team is when he’s taking a free-kick.
    twas hard to believe ppl rate him along side messi watching last nights display....even based on character alone...messi gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him and just pops up smiles and plays on...ronaldo ...is ronaldo.(in his defence sky made a meal of his push on the manager )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (30-11-10)

Bar-thel-ona to win 5 - 0, i reckon Madrid will be a man short by then end.. just a prediction though
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast