Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to set my old ripped up mattress on fire.How to prevent the house from burning

Reviews

Default It's easy to solve this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    i finally get a new mattress so I want to get rid of my old one its too heavy to carry downstairs so i was going to burn it right in the room. How do I prevent from the whole house burning down? I sat it in the middle of the room and away from the walls and the walls are covered in foil. Should this be good enough?
    Phone the local fire brigade and ask them if they can send a fire safety officer round to give you some fire safety tips. Show him into the room and tell him what you intend. Make sure that there is a bucket of petrol on the floor next the mattress.

Offer him a ciggie and light one yourself.

Next thing you know, he will have his mates round and they will carry the mattress downstairs for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkskin For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (27-11-10), westcorklad (27-11-10)

i finally get a new mattress so I want to get rid of my old one its too heavy to carry downstairs so i was going to burn it right in the room. How do I prevent from the whole house burning down? I sat it in the middle of the room and away from the walls and the walls are covered in foil. Should this be good enough?
    Are you a complete nutter!

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Er, quite.

I guess it was a very heavy mattress
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (27-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Er, quite.

I guess it was a very heavy mattress
    I do hope hes ok and not dies of toxic fumes!

to save the house burning down you could knock it down then burn the mattress & then rebuild it. then again might be easier to break the window & fuck the matress out the window

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shynewbie For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (27-11-10)

Reviews

How to Make a Mattress

Difficulty: Easy
    Instructions.Things You'll Need:
    Two cotton flat sheets in the size desired
    Stuffing material
    Sewing machine and thread

Sew the two flat sheets together on three sides, inside out, using a 1-inch seam. Repeat the process a quarter-inch away from the first seam. This will add stability. Turn the mattress sheet cover right side out where the seams are on the inside.

Decide if you wish to stuff your mattress with down feathers, shredded, flat, or egg carton-shaped fiber foam or with memory foam or other materials. Ripped-up clothing can be used as stuffing if desired. If using flat or other foam sheets, cut the foam a quarter-inch smaller than the size of the sewn-together mattress sleeve sheets.

Begin stuffing your mattress cover. For foam sheets, roll up the covers much as you would put on a sock and start at one end of the foam and work the cover up to the opposite end. For shredded foam or down feathers, stuff the material into the cover until full.

Pin or hand-stitch the end of the mattress cover together. Once you have a straight seam, sew the ends together using the sewing machine, attempting to keep the one-inch seam margins. Sew a second seam close to the first line of stitching to ensure the seams do not rip out.

Reverse this process and fuck it out the window .... that should do it...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Ric Hardgear (01-12-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    No. He is a partial nutter pretending to be a complete nutter.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

vampirejackie (27-11-10)

my house is on fire. Should I buy fire insurance now,before it burns completely?
    now who could have seen that coming?...house on fire ffs i love when there is a twist in the story.

Reviews

How would we know? You will find the answer on Yahoo answers from 11 months ago!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    How would we know? You will find the answer on Yahoo answers from 11 months ago!!
    hey it was a good thread
    a thousand kisses deep..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast