Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

What's all this shite? This thread should be all about me me me me ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
Yo Mousey I've had about 5 really bad episodes of insomnia (once went 3 nights without any sleep, it made me feel....very weird, I woudlnt like to repeat that experience)

A few crucial things:

set aside regular sleep time and getting up time (11pm to 7am is pretty standard) and do not deviate from this (as much as possible)

If you have to eat before bedtime then just make it a small bowl of cereal (milk is good for inducing sleep)

Regular exercise old boy, it does wonders

Avoid caffeine late in evening and avoid alcohol as much as possible

If you are feeling desperate in the morning from lack of sleep try to remember any fragments of dreams you had (its a comforting reminder that you did in fact get some sleep and will take some of the desperation away)

Read books but don't watch TV or have laptop in bed (it fucks up sleep)

All joking aside a good oul wank (is there any other kind I hear you ask!?!?) is very useful for inducing sleep (however your problem may be STAYING asleep so this may be of limited help).

Put your worry into context: At 3 to 4 am there is NOTHING you can do about your problems, stop torturing yourself.

So there ya go, best of luck old boy, don't resort to sleeping pills if you can help it (only take them if you are getting absolutely no sleep and even then only for 3 or 4 nights maximum)

your pal, lincoln