Thread: Ratted reviews

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Must say, from a client perspective I disagree with the OP.
    Any client who goes to the trouble of doing their research and reading through reviews will be able to weigh up the facts and it's useful to have as much information as possible. Sometimes ratted reviews have the favourable green symbol, sometimes the negative red - both are posted for polar opposite reasons and quite often there is a reason cited by staff why it was ratted in the first place.
    Also, if you start deleting rats then it sheds less light on how trustworthy that reviewer is. Quite often i've read an unblemished review, thought to myself "that looks like a load of s***e" only to see that he has a dubious reputation or that it was a once off review.
    There's also the issue that review system is good, but not perfect. Unless the reviewer admits themself that it's fake, staff may be practically certain but not 100% that it should be ratted so there again, they shouldn't be deleted. Maybe i'm wrong here but I don't i am.

Personally I think they should be left, red or green, as any client who bothers to look at and assess the reviews will be able to let his own common sense prevail.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChiefHandker For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (17-11-10)