Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Speed vans

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    how about when one person slows down because of the cameras and that saves a life regardless of where the money goes.
    So glad to see you do admit that the cameras are not just a safety issue. You don't have to be speeding to kill someone.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    So glad to see you do admit that the cameras are not just a safety issue. You don't have to be speeding to kill someone.

CG
    agreed 100 percent ..you dont have to be speeding to kill...but it sure helps

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    you dont have to be speeding to kill...but it sure helps
    Yes it will help to kill them if your speeding I agree there

CG

Plato

Reviews

some great points here
    i dont wanna drive like a mad man but sometimes i really cant agree with speed limits in certain locations
    i dont wanna drive like miss daisy, i do enjoy driving fast in safe location yes i know what are safe locations.

sat nav with speed checks downloaded wont work i think, had this in another country only takes set camaras not mobile one's that are at different locations.
    just thought there might b a simply device that beeps when radar gun ahead - without device been stuck up on dashboard

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mathsteacher View Post
    just thought there might b a simply device that beeps when radar gun ahead - without device been stuck up on dashboard
    There is but the consequences of getting caught are huge so dont even entertain it. It is illegal to sell, own and use any device that detects radar guns

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    There is but the consequences of getting caught are huge so dont even entertain it. It is illegal to sell, own and use any device that detects radar guns
    yep but consequences of getting points for been slightly over speed limit is lot worse

Reviews

yep but consequences of getting points for been slightly over speed limit is lot worse
    Is it? €2000 fine and your car crushed? Two points anytime ....

Blog Entries

Love speed cams

Hi All

Have read this post regarding speed cameras, but have to mention this has been my first ever trip to SLIGO.

I travelled into SLIGO by car and Jesus was taken aback by the amount of crosses on the roadside into SLIGO the road is a long straight one with crosses littered all the way along it,

In the UK you see the occasional sign at known accident black spots saying x amount of people killed on this road since such a date, where you just tend to read it and forget it. To see the amount of crosses on the road though, really brings home the message. It really got to me.

god bless all of them....Tiff xx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (15-11-10)

sat nav with speed checks downloaded wont work
    If you read my earlier post I said most of the "good quality" sat-nav's have built in detectors. The one I have has international mapping with automatic speed camera detection for both fixed AND mobile detection. I have used it in the UK, France, Holland and Spain with 100% success. I also use a set of anti camera plates (see link). I'm not sure but I think the old radar detectors that you fixed to your dash are now illegal, also at the end of next year you won't be able to buy sat-navs with camera detection.

CG

Camera Shy Plates Number Plates best anti-photographic plates
    Last edited by City Gent; 15-11-10 at 23:00.

Plato

Reviews

[QUOTE=City Gent;322603]If you read my earlier post I said most of the "good quality" sat-nav's have built in detectors. The one I have has international mapping with automatic speed camera detection for both fixed AND mobile detection. I have used it in the UK, France, Holland and Spain with 100% success. I also use a set of anti camera plates (see link). I'm not sure but I think the old radar detectors that you fixed to your dash are now illegal.

CG

GOOD Quality missed that but i didnt think any of them could do mobile camera's unless it was a regular point for mobile camera.
    plates look good though but too easy to get caught when they realise they cant get proper

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast