Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quote of the night .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    You see that’s another example of why boxing is s***e, how could that big sack of s*** get a title shot when you think a part-time taxi driver (Martin Rogan) beat him? He was also ranked the 6th best British Heavyweight, not even in the top three never mind the number one contender, it was a money making racket trying to make out they hated each other.
    sounds like you fell for it mate lol

Reviews

You see that’s another example of why boxing is s***e, how could that big sack of s*** get a title shot when you think a part-time taxi driver (Martin Rogan) beat him? He was also ranked the 6th best British Heavyweight, not even in the top three never mind the number one contender, it was a money making racket trying to make out they hated each other.
    Another one of the tap out crew obsessing over boxing. Lets talk about MMA bringing over washed up near brain damaged boxers who have no MMA experiance to be lead to the slaughter. Ya....what a straight up and stellar organisation you got there. Fact is no sport has the heritage and history boxing has. MMA will never come close to the level that boxing had. But in saying that neither will boxing. The world has changed, not as many people want to watch 2 men fight competitively anymore. Both sports will remain minor sports for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Another one of the tap out crew obsessing over boxing. Lets talk about MMA bringing over washed up near brain damaged boxers who have no MMA experiance to be lead to the slaughter. Ya....what a straight up and stellar organisation you got there. Fact is no sport has the heritage and history boxing has. MMA will never come close to the level that boxing had. But in saying that neither will boxing. The world has changed, not as many people want to watch 2 men fight competitively anymore. Both sports will remain minor sports for the forseeable future.
    except for a brief moment if pacman and floyd fight...i still think mayweather is afraid by the way...now that would be worth watching who could call it?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    except for a brief moment if pacman and floyd fight...i still think mayweather is afraid by the way...now that would be worth watching who could call it?
    I was always in Floyd camp but recently i find my self leaning towards Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I was always in Floyd camp but recently i find my self leaning towards Manny.
    he was awesome the other night truely awesome

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Yeah you’re right washed up boxers to come across to MMA thinking they’ll just walk into the octagon and blast the MMA fighter away only to be exposed as a one trip pony. UFC can’t stop them from wanting a go but after the likes of James Toney and his likes get their asses kicked they don’t come back.

And so if MMA is so bad why are these has beens having a go at MMA? Its because they know its killing boxing.

To be the best in the world you have to beat the best, boxing doesn’t do that these days, people want to see fights, real fights not set-ups like Saturday nights crap was, MMA makes you fight the best, if you don’t you’re stripped of your title.

Remember years ago when Riddick Bowe threw his belt in the bin because he was too chicken to fight Lennox Lewis? He should have been stripped of his title and not given the chance to walk away.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Remember years ago when Riddick Bowe threw his belt in the bin because he was too chicken to fight Lennox Lewis? He should have been stripped of his title and not given the chance to walk away.
    I thought that he threw it in the bin at disgust at the wbc over money (he should have got a lot more than the challenger).I wouldnt say big daddy was chicken to fight anyone , i seem to remember him flooring holyfield in the 11th round

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Saw the Haye/Harrison in da pub last night. What a sham, but enjoyed Hayes explosive finish. The proprioter decided to turn off recording after that gig and didnt record Pacman. Needless to say on hearing this I thrashed the place and will not be spending my money in that pub again.

So if anyone can point me to a recording of this fight on You tube or anywhere I would be most appreciative.
    Pacquiao Video - Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito

Reviews

Yeah you’re right washed up boxers to come across to MMA thinking they’ll just walk into the octagon and blast the MMA fighter away only to be exposed as a one trip pony. UFC can’t stop them from wanting a go but after the likes of James Toney and his likes get their asses kicked they don’t come back.

And so if MMA is so bad why are these has beens having a go at MMA? Its because they know its killing boxing.

To be the best in the world you have to beat the best, boxing doesn’t do that these days, people want to see fights, real fights not set-ups like Saturday nights crap was, MMA makes you fight the best, if you don’t you’re stripped of your title.

Ray Mercer KO'd former UFC HW Champ Tim Sylvia in 10 seconds last year...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345