here is the original question:

Are people ungrateful to the Catholic Church?
Have people become ungrateful to the Catholic Church because of a few bad eggs.
They educated generations, kept hospitals going etc.
Should we forget the good because of the bad?
Are we ungrateful?

Are people ungrateful to the Catholic Church?
im not too sure if i like the way this question was posed. it seems kind of loaded to me. it seems to imply that we were all extremely greatful to the catholic church to begin with(i never was). to become ungreatful after all implies that we were all greatful to begin with. and how far back are we going to start with? were we considerably more greatful 10 years ago? or 20? 50?
Have people become ungrateful to the Catholic Church because of a few bad eggs.
you are right that it a minority of 'bad eggs' (i'd call them rapists or abusers myself) that seems to have caused the church a wee spot of bother. these 'bad eggs' did operate on their own, however their actions were widely known by their superiors and instead of them being reported to the gaurds they were shunted on from parish to parish , allowing them to continue to abuse children. look here: Ferns Report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They educated generations, kept hospitals going etc.
true. but that was the culture of the times, going back to the 1930's. for me church and state should always be kept separate but that wasnt the feeling at the time. but there can be a case of too much interference by the church. looking back it was far too embedded in to irish society. look at the mother and child scheme in the 50's. a fantastic piece of legislation that was shot down by the church. best explained here: Mother and Child Scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Should we forget the good because of the bad?
certainly not. but you weigh up the good against the bad, see how it pans out and make a decsion based on your evidence
Are we ungrateful?
jesus, i hate this word 'ungreatful'

2 cents over and out