Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cure for Cancer ?

I was speaking in generalities as regards cancer genes being present in ones own genotype and these might be set off by (as u said in yr own mothers case above)food or for someone else it might be caused by something completely different even among very healthy individuals.But i know where u are coming from as regards cancer affecting yr own mother as i too have experienced a family member that had cancer and they never smoked and are always active and lead a general healthy life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1 View Post
    I was speaking in generalities as regards cancer genes being present in ones own genotype and these might be set off by (as u said in yr own mothers case above)food or for someone else it might be caused by something completely different even among very healthy individuals.But i know where u are coming from as regards cancer affecting yr own mother as i too have experienced a family member that had cancer and they never smoked and are always active and lead a general healthy life.

All i know is that in the hospice i saw you had god knows how many different types of genes in so far as differing ppl and types. I get what your saying and hope your wrong, not because i might get it but because i cant see how they could ever come up with a cure in the near future without having a database full of tests done on various sufferers. This seems like the biggest obsticle to me. How can you come up wth a cure for someone when you dont know the cause and dont know the reactions of differing dnas to treatment or the disease itself? A tricky one.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dublin laddie View Post
    Most cancers are caused by over consumption of seafood
    cut back on the seafood is the answer !!!!
    I tell you one thing, seafood and seaweed in particular is incredible stuff. In fact the best thing a person could throw into a bath is seaweed. A bit impractical yep but defo good.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 07-11-10 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    All i know is that in the hospice i saw you had god knows how many different types of genes in so far as differing ppl and types. I get what your saying and hope your wrong, not because i might get it but because i cant see how they could ever come up with a cure in the near future without having a database full of tests done on various sufferers. This seems like the biggest obsticle to me. How can you come up wth a cure for someone when you dont know the cause and dont know the reactions of differing dnas to treatment or the disease itself? A tricky one.

Westside.
    Yeah exactly its an indiscriminate killer but as regards the finding the cure for it part i dont think its a question of if they will find one, more like when they will find it because if they can find a sequence of genes of a cancer type they might be able to change this pattern and this is were the mapping of the human genome comes into play so hopefully the cure will be sooner rather then later.Even mundane things such as a certain ingredient in curry powder have been found to kill certain types of cancer cells..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123