Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ryanair- Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    It amazes me how much people hate or complain about Ryanair. Everyone knows what they're like yet still seem surprised sometimes and have the need to complain about them. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan, but I'm rarely surprised by them, I have very low expectations when it comes to them, I think this helps with my overall view of them.........

You get what you pay for, they do exactly what they say..........

And for those who say that they had no choice or had to fly Ryanair because they were the only ones covering that route or flying in or out of that airport..........WTF???...Shouldn't you be more greatful for the fact they did provide that service when no one else did???........What was the other option, walk or swim???

People say more and more that they use other airlines now because Ryanair are not that much cheaper. Why do you think that is??? It's because Ryanair have forces the others to drop their prices, which is better for everyone is it not???

I personally don't like Micheal O'Leary, I think he's a arrogant prick.........

I disagree when you claim they do what they say, they don't. They have had more complaints about their complex website, hidden charges and credit card penalty than any other airline website in Europe for the fourth consecutive year with complaints rising every year (sourced from Flight International).

Has anyone ever bought a 'priority boarding pass' only to find that actually a bus is taking you to the aircraft and all it entitles you is to get on the bus first? as soon as all the priority ticket holders are on the bus, they let all the others on the bus with you.

If that isn't just downright devious, grubby nonsense then I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Mr Magoo; 05-11-10 at 11:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Magoo For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (05-11-10)

Reviews

I personally don't like Micheal O'Leary, I think he's a arrogant prick.........
    I don't have any strong opinion on O'Leary either way, but what I will say is that he is totally focussed on the business, and the apparent arrogance is in my view only an act. He has been relentless in driving down prices over the years, and gets in everyone's face. But everyone gains. You may not like them, and may not even fly with them, but you are reaping the rewards of them every time you travel.

There is a very illuminating story told about O'Leary when he took over Ryanair. Two British business journalists went to interview him, but when they arrived at the hotel bar where the interview was to take place there was no sign of him. While they waited for him, they spotted a guy in a Ryanair sweatshirt and decided to talk to him while they waited. The guy was polite, courteous, and very informative. After a long conversation, one of the other journalists remarked to the other that it looked like O'Leary wasn't going to turn up. At this point the guy in the Ryanair sweatshirt said "I am Michael O'Leary"

Yep, totally agree, but now I think you'll be less surprised by them in the future, which means you'll be less disappointed.......

Well done Ryanair, great news.............

... Agreed.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I disagree when you claim they do what they say, they don't. They have had more complaints about their complex website, hidden charges and credit card penalty than any other airline website in Europe for the fourth consecutive year with complaints rising every year (sourced from Flight International).

Has anyone ever bought a 'priority boarding pass' only to find that actually a bus is taking you to the aircraft and all it entitles you is to get on the bus first? as soon as all the priority ticket holders are on the bus, they let all the others on the bus with you.

If that isn't just downright devious, grubby nonsense then I don't know what is.
    I've never actually flown with Ryanair........am I the only one? But that priority bus pass thing is f**king hilarious.

Though to be fair to Luther, his point is correct.......Ryanair flys to places that nobody else flys to......in fact Ryanair flys to places that most people would'nt want to fly to because they never even heard of them. I get the impression that flying Ryanair is a bit like those old Geography field trips....you have an idea of the general direction you are going in, but the actual destination and the route are a bit of a mystery and you need to pack your own provisions just in case you find yourself stranded somewhere in the outback of civilisation.

Not too many years ago, a Ryanair flight from Birmingham or somewhere like that, to Derry made the headlines. The pilot was new to the route and he mistook the Royal Air Force base outside Derry for Derry City airport and landed there. Luckily it was a relatively small plane and the runway at the base was able to cater for it. Anyway the passergers could'nt disembark until an airport vehicle with stairs at the back arrived from the City Airport together with a bus to tranfer them.

Other airlines just seem to lack that sense of adventure that Michael O'Leary brings to aviation.....he almost allows his customers to experience what it was like during the pioneering days of aviation....when there were just a few pieces of timber and canvas between your arse and eternity.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 05-11-10 at 14:52.

Blog Entries

Ryanair, is a bus service with wings, they are there to milk every penny out of you, I will only use them under the most extreme cases. Knowing this before I book my ticket, I mentally adjust to the fact that, if it weren't for certain safety regulations they would be strapping passengers to the wings, and will be the first carried in this part of the world to start offering standing room only. But they serve a purpose, loathsome though they be with their penny pinching.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    True and because of his genius , i got a share dividend a couple of weeks ago which i spent on you know what lol.
    Thanks Mick.
    Like the man above said, think of the cash flow and also think of this countries economic situation.
    Haha Mr An Don you should of organised for her to travel for free.
    Last edited by T_Tronic; 05-11-10 at 16:02.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213