Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: punting pre mobile days

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default punting pre mobile days

    back punting after a few years break ,when istarted there were no mobiles very few sites it was a whole different experience .has anyone any similar experience.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not fucking limerick anyway!!
    Posts
    2,054
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    You must be older than water!!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

    dr love (01-11-10)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halicarnassus
    Posts
    683
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Are you talking about the last century? Or even the one before that??

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

    dr love (01-11-10)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    You must be older than water!!
    as long as my togger keeps up with my randy mind i will always be young at heart.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    Are you talking about the last century? Or even the one before that??
    ok i see all the comidines are here tonight.early 90s to answer your question.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    843
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    ok i see all the comidines are here tonight.early 90s to answer your question.
    On my first punt a pager was used to indicate availability, in case it is those years you are talking about. Late 80's. Was only a kid mind...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

    dr love (01-11-10)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    On my first punt a pager was used to indicate availability, in case it is those years you are talking about. Late 80's. Was only a kid mind...
    yes and running out of change in the phone box.the lads today have it much easier would you agree corkpunter.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    843
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    yes and running out of change in the phone box.the lads today have it much easier would you agree corkpunter.
    To be fair phoneboxes was much easier to find then than they are today. One on every corner and all that. No idea what change you are talking about, had one of those whistly boxes thingies, would allow you to dial everywhere and for as long as you wanted. I miss those days, when I look at my phone bill today.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    To be fair phoneboxes was much easier to find then than they are today. One on every corner and all that. No idea what change you are talking about, had one of those whistly boxes thingies, would allow you to dial everywhere and for as long as you wanted. I miss those days, when I look at my phone bill today.
    as do i.but in those days you depeneded on recommendations from other lads. one time a fellow told me of a princess he was with,i took a gamble got there she looked like a orge.was the gamble you took in those days. had good ones as well.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    843
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    as do i.but in those days you depeneded on recommendations from other lads. one time a fellow told me of a princess he was with,i took a gamble got there she looked like a orge.was the gamble you took in those days. had good ones as well.
    Yeah, old rip outs of the newspaper, she looks exactly like this one. Oi you, that is miss world, yeah ok a little like it so. You met up and looked nothing like it. Same as today really...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •