Thread: Who can lead us out of depression?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Deficit is expenditure minus revenue. We aren't collecting revenue.
    we could be colleting too little or spending too much. Whichever way you want to look at it.

For me it's spending too much and not taxing enough people who work. To make up for those who will be brought into the tax net you lower social welfare.

Now who will do that?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fiatpunter View Post
    we could be colleting too little or spending too much. Whichever way you want to look at it.

For me it's spending too much and not taxing enough people who work. To make up for those who will be brought into the tax net you lower social welfare.

Now who will do that?
    But if you compare Ireland to those EU countries which are not basketcases, the difference is on the revenue side, not the expenditure side. We don't really spend more, but we tax less, which is why we are massively in deficit. Irish taxes on individuals are not particularly low by EU standards, it's corporate tax which is the problem.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fiatpunter View Post

Now who will do that?
    Right. Whatever you say.

ARE YOU FUNKY ?
    Do you have it ?

Funk it if you do.

Get Funky