Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: So after all these years...............Are the sexes equal?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Question So after all these years...............Are the sexes equal?

    For hundreds of years women were seen not to be equal of men in certain situations and at times in history in all situations so today on 2010 are the sexes now equal?

    Personally i think women on average are gone ahead of men in the equality stakes. Why do you all think?

    of equality that is,
    Westside.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

    anitasizzle (18-10-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    They say 'Women still don't make as much as men do', but I know of few women who don't want men to have more money than they do, so what's the big deal about unequal pa, if women want men to make more than they do?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    They say 'Women still don't make as much as men do', but I know of few women who don't want men to have more money than they do, so what's the big deal about unequal pa, if women want men to make more than they do?
    LOL you should see my sister. Sweete jesus. She left very good jobs because she wasnt paid as much as men there and she found one that did pay the same. Im not the only one of my family witha big mouth you know.

    Westside.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    14,463
    Blog Entries
    225

    Default

    I also think that women have gone way ahead of men in the equality stakes but I also believe that after alll the years of being treated unfairly it's right that they should now be treated better. For far too long women were treated as second or third class human beings and I am so glad to see that they have used their intelligence, charm and everything else to rise far above this. I know this is a generalisation but it's still good to see so many women having a better quality of life.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    LOL you should see my sister. Sweete jesus. She left very good jobs because she wasnt paid as much as men there and she found one that did pay the same. Im not the only one of my family witha big mouth you know.

    Westside.
    I've always gotten more or the same as the men, but I'm more concerned with getting the job and doing a good job of it; the rest usually follows

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I've always gotten more or the same as the men, but I'm more concerned with getting the job and doing a good job of it; the rest usually follows
    The prob is some guys might see a woman in a job and doing good as a threat. The sis would be like this. I think it depends on the situation and the ppl involved.

    Westside.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The prob is some guys might see a woman in a job and doing good as a threat. The sis would be like this. I think it depends on the situation and the ppl involved.

    Westside.

    i cannot think of an employment opportunity where I was treated unfairly, probably if it did happen, I wouldn't have stayed very long, like maybe two days or a week I had no kids or credit cards, and I usually had a another job or two so I never had to kiss ass

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I also think that women have gone way ahead of men in the equality stakes but I also believe that after alll the years of being treated unfairly it's right that they should now be treated better. For far too long women were treated as second or third class human beings and I am so glad to see that they have used their intelligence, charm and everything else to rise far above this. I know this is a generalisation but it's still good to see so many women having a better quality of life.
    Capitalism now functions on two-income households, there's no way women would go out and work and put up with being treated like second-class citizens; women in the work force are bigger than the 'Pink' Dollar

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

    magicalman9357 (18-10-10)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    There are still many industries where equal pay for equal jobs is still a major problem. This is not just between the sexes, but between lots of other things. I have worked in IT since i left Uni, and I have personally been a victim of this in the past. The big global companies just want to batter down on terms and conditions of the working class, and will do everything in their power to try and do this. I am a big socialist and am not very proud of what is happening in the UK at the moment with our government. We have to fight back and resist all this or things just gonna get even worse!!!

    Sorry gone off on one there! Lol

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    magicalman9357 (19-10-10), sweethomes (19-10-10)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outside your window in the bushes!!!
    Posts
    2,965
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    And Socialism worked so well in..........?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •