Thread: So any of you Lisbon Yes voters see anything money or jobs coming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to see what's next..........

Call me a few names maybe...........

Perhaps the old relieble, takes one to know one........

Sorry I can't wait around..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Westie's post brings two thoughts to my mind.

1. One of the biggest problems we have in this country is the number of people who want to spend their time and energy whinging about things rather than trying to do something positive. Maybe something as simple as trying to change their attitude to be positive rather than negative (the media are guilty of whipping up incredible negative sentiment which is simply unpatriotic)

2. Go do something to improve your lot. The reason that most people dont is that the social welfare system in this country is ridiculously over generous. After a certain period of time out of work and claiming unemployment benefit (i.e. on your stamps), people should be put on food stamps.... Then they might go and find a job or make a job for themselves.

If we all spend our time whingeing and/or doing the old "blame someone else for my problems" thing, we will continue to have economic problems.

GET SOME BACKBONE PEOPLE..........

BLD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigladdub For This Useful Post:

luther (15-10-10)

Reviews

The current economic situtation has nothing to do with the lisbon treaty, its a world recession. It hit me earler this year but after a bit of downsizeing I have never been as busy but have to work harder.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

An don (15-10-10), luther (15-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    The current economic situtation has nothing to do with the lisbon treaty, its a world recession. It hit me earler this year but after a bit of downsizeing I have never been as busy but have to work harder.
    I didnt say it has anything to do with the Lisbon treaty. I said where are all the promises that the main parties said that got from the EU to help this recession. They arent there, they never were ,yet over 60% of the voters of this country shat themselves and voted YES.

They were tricked and fooled into being scared,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 16-10-10 at 13:21.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I didnt say it has anything to do with the Lisbon treaty. I said where are all the promises that the main parties said that got from the EU to help this recession. They arent there, they never were ,yet over 60% of the voters of this country shat themselves and voted YES.

They were tricked and fooled into being scared,
    Westside.
    wrong, the reason people voted no in the first place was because the true depth of the recession wasn't yet seen, because of that people stuck their two fingers up at the EU, sure we had 10 good years of prosperity on the back of a false economy that no one wanted to acknowledge. Then when we realise that everything we own was borrowed and we were now staring down a deep hole people quickly changed their minds.

there were lies told by both sides and so far nothing has really changed so does it really make a difference that they voted yes? of course it doen't so why complain. I am sick of people saying where is the EU/govt to bail us out, bail yourself out!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    wrong, the reason people voted no in the first place was because the true depth of the recession wasn't yet seen, because of that people stuck their two fingers up at the EU, sure we had 10 good years of prosperity on the back of a false economy that no one wanted to acknowledge. Then when we realise that everything we own was borrowed and we were now staring down a deep hole people quickly changed their minds.

there were lies told by both sides and so far nothing has really changed so does it really make a difference that they voted yes? of course it doen't so why complain. I am sick of people saying where is the EU/govt to bail us out, bail yourself out!!
    Again i say where are all of those promises that the gov made to YES voters?

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Again i say where are all of those promises that the gov made to YES voters?

Westside.
    don't worry about the govt or any promises people make, if you want money or jobs go out and create them yourself!!! anyone can set up a company and start to create wealth, with that wealth instead of giving out about others why the fuck don't YOU create the jobs!!!!!