Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    Another good point and I don't see any valid reason why anyone should do that
    well this been brought up b4 and few ppl b4 were upset over getting kick out due to inactivity in chat........some are there to chat but will never miss the lurkers in it........its part of a chat room i guess...as for a reason not to chat well are shy ppl or just there to watch what ppl are talking about and being updated.......i could say more but i do not want to stir the shit around....
    Don't miss my visit in your town/city...

Reviews

If you're in a pub with a few of your mates, do you go over and hassle the guy on his own to get involved?

Besides, it might be more interesting to watch what people are saying than get involved...

3. Default

Yes mousey but the flip side to that point is if your in a pub, do you go over to a group of people who are chatting and stand there and say absolutely nothing....... that would be a bit f***ing weird

4. The Following User Says Thank You to back door bandit For This Useful Post:

mr maxi (15-10-10)

Reviews

I find the default settings in the new chat very bad which could be putting people off posting, there is no need to show large fonts or avatars in the chat box, I always go into settings and make a few changes so each comment fits neatly onto one line and at least it doesn't move as fast and generally the comment you are replying to is still visible. I also think people should get into the habit of clicking on the posters name within the chat area to which they are directing a comment to, that way when you post, it will show there name and they know you are speaking to them, would save a lot of confusion.
    These are the settings I select:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	30794  

Blog Entries

It's Benny back undercover. He's spying on you all..........

Last edited by luther; 15-10-10 at 14:46.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

On a serious note, the reason this happens is that some people are viewing the forum with a few tabs open, one of which they are using for chat, but not always actually looking at it so they get logged out or timed out.......

They reason that may not be saying anything is perhaps they are waiting for a particular person to log in, or, you're all a bunch of boring bastards in there...........

I still claim the title of being the first person to get fingermouse to post in chat..........a bit of a lurker he was........
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    It's Benny back undercover. He's spying on you all..........

Love it

Reviews

I still claim the title of being the first person to get fingermouse to post in chat..........a bit of a lurker he was........
    There's only room for ONE mouse on these boards!!!!!

Reviews

On a serious note, the reason this happens is that some people are viewing the forum with a few tabs open, one of which they are using for chat, but not always actually looking at it so they get logged out or timed out.......

They reason that may not be saying anything is perhaps they are waiting for a particular person to log in, or, you're all a bunch of boring bastards in there...........

Some fair points there Luther but as per my previous post .
    What about when they get timed out and then log back in straight away. I know they are there.FFS
    Its not called a chat room for nothing.
    Who's the boring bastard not chatting.
    If i go away looking at the forum i use the I am away button. Why else is it there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    There's only room for ONE mouse on these boards!!!!!

Pipe down hamster.........

Quote Originally Posted by mr maxi View Post
    Some fair points there Luther but as per my previous post .
    What about when they get timed out and then log back in straight away. I know they are there.FFS
    Its not called a chat room for nothing.
    Who's the boring bastard not chatting.
    If i go away looking at the forum i use the I am away button. Why else is it there.
    Perhaps they're just good listeners............

Or reporters from the rags looking for another scoop............

L

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast