Thread: Employers join the the new Exclusive LALA federation of Ireland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    i suppose you are right with placing the newly unemployed and people that want to work on work placement programs, but at some stage you will have to take them off it and put them in the "work for dole program" (i'm trademarking that name), people need to realise that what we have coming down the line is doing to be brutal and the only way out of it is proper drastic measures. It may sound hard or callous but as a country we are in serious trouble and need to think of the greater good as opposed to vocal minorities and do gooders.

I said put the long term unemplyed on the programs. Put the ones that dont want to work on them. Seriously i see no reason why anyone who wants to work and cant find work should have to work on these programs or feel guilty. Its not like there are plenty jobs around.

Ppl talk about the IMF coming in. I wonder what harm would it be? If they came in ,slashed the dole, slashed this or that but also slashed the cost of living? As it stands we have a government who are not capable or dont want to stabalise the economy. The IMF will do that. Cuts are fine is the cost of living is cut equivalently. Whats killing this country from all angles is the cost of living is still very high relative to most of the otehr EU countries and it needs to be brough back down ,by a lot.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I said put the long term unemplyed on the programs. Put the ones that dont want to work on them. Seriously i see no reason why anyone who wants to work and cant find work should have to work on these programs or feel guilty. Its not like there are plenty jobs around.

Ppl talk about the IMF coming in. I wonder what harm would it be? If they came in ,slashed the dole, slashed this or that but also slashed the cost of living? As it stands we have a government who are not capable or dont want to stabalise the economy. The IMF will do that. Cuts are fine is the cost of living is cut equivalently. Whats killing this country from all angles is the cost of living is still very high relative to most of the otehr EU countries and it needs to be brough back down ,by a lot.

Westside.
    we'll agree to disagree on the dole for work and who should or shouldn't be on it, but as for the bolded text you hit the nail on the head

Reviews

Great idea .Where do i get this cheap labour from. By the way if you were in Germany and lost your job the state will only pay your dole for a year. At least it might shift some of the thousands on the dole que that never wanted to work and have been proped up by the system for years.

The government need to look at a proper jobs iniative and not this silly work for dole idea. The pace at which it is taking to sort out the banks and for NAMA to work effectively is too slow. The constructin sector has faired worse than any other yet there is nothing done to help that. Now I know people will say developers and bankers have caused the problem in that sector but not fully the case. There is plenty of construction activities still needed to overcome our infrastructure deficit but the governement can't invest because of NAMA and banks not providing cash flow. There are plent of architects, engineers, and other construction professionals that have lost their jobs, who want to work in their area of expertise but have no option. As someone in that category I have spent 6 months looking for a job and jobs that are available I would have walked into 2 years ago. Now the employers can pick and choose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    The government need to look at a proper jobs iniative and not this silly work for dole idea. The pace at which it is taking to sort out the banks and for NAMA to work effectively is too slow. The constructin sector has faired worse than any other yet there is nothing done to help that. Now I know people will say developers and bankers have caused the problem in that sector but not fully the case. There is plenty of construction activities still needed to overcome our infrastructure deficit but the governement can't invest because of NAMA and banks not providing cash flow. There are plent of architects, engineers, and other construction professionals that have lost their jobs, who want to work in their area of expertise but have no option. As someone in that category I have spent 6 months looking for a job and jobs that are available I would have walked into 2 years ago. Now the employers can pick and choose.
    Bingo.

you said it,
    Westside.