Thread: car service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MR-LOVA View Post
    It's recommended at 5 years no matter what the mileage is ...just to be safe,I would get it done cause if timing belt fails your looking at big bucks to get sorted.... As in engine fecked !
    thats true it is big bucks if it goes thats true ...i just thought the fact that the car hasen't done the 120km...the belt shouldn't really be ready for change as it hasen't done the recommended milege..maybe i should book it in pretty soon then cheers

Reviews

You dont have to go to a main dealer to get it done had a laguna and dealer wanted 800 euro to change it got it done for 400 at local mechanic.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lfccork View Post
    You dont have to go to a main dealer to get it done had a laguna and dealer wanted 800 euro to change it got it done for 400 at local mechanic.
    yes that the kinda price i had in my mind

Reviews

Around 5 yrs ago the timing belt snapped on a car i had . There were two options , a new engine or a rebuild . Went for the rebuild and it set me back 1400 big ones . Engine replaced would have cost much less , don't know why i opted for the rebuild !

These days you spend so much time idling in traffic , that the excessive wear and tear takes it's toll quicker on the timing belt , so if you have done 50-60,000 miles in a petrol car , it's a must that the belt gets changed irragardless of what the manufacturer says
    I have no signature at the moment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rimmerguy For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (12-10-10)