Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So called dangerous dogs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Most people aren't even aware there are rules regarding certain breeds of dog with on the spot fines of €30 for breaching them, I blame the Gardai for not enforcing them.

Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998) impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog in Ireland:
    • American Pit Bull Terrier
    • English Bull Terrier
    • Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • Bull Mastiff
    • Dobermann Pinscher
    • German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    • Rhodesian Ridgeback
    • Rottweiler
    • Japanese Akita
    • Japanese Tosa
    • Bandog
    The rules state that:
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.
    Hold on one fuckin second now. All dogs are to be kept within the control of the owner at all times and a dog off a lead in a public place isnt under the control of the owner. Thats the first thing. The second thing is if a dog attacks one of these dogs and its on a lead. If one of the above metnioned dogs is on a lead and a dog attacks it but is off a lead then in a court it balance of responsabilities will come into it. So who isnt neglecting mostly here? The owner of the dangerous breed has his dog on a leash so even if its not muzzled it is still within his control but the other dog isnt under any control and is the one who came over.

This reminds me of that dickhead of a fine gael fool that wanted all oif the above breeds banned from public places in Cork. He was all rules and regulations until some bright spark (hint) brought to his attention the fact that in his beloved homeland ,quite a few of his neighbours dogs roam loosely on the ROADS. What a dickhead and course he shut his mouth then because he will loose seats by interefering with his neighbours. God that guy that shut him up was bright one indeed.

You see what makes me laugh is the way ppl bend the above laws to suit themselves. Its ok for the above to be muzzled and to be leased but its also ok for the other breeds to be off leash. You cant have it both ways. Whats more dangerous? A dog roaming around a public roadside or a dog not muzzled but within the control of its owner at all times? Do ppl think i want to walk me dog around Patrick st or somewhere where a person will come in close contact with him? Er nope.

Another thing 99% of dog owners shouldnt have their dogs in public to begin with because they havnt got a dog license.

Westside.

PS no law can force a person to give their name and address out to the public whether on a dogs collar or otherwise. Thats why cars have reg numbers.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    IMO the most vicious fecker of a breed out there is the Labrador especially the Black ones for some reason, I wouldn't trust one near my house, way too contrary and one minute they would be docile the next showing there teeth in anger.. Hate them.. Some sites list them as family friendly but a higher percentage don't even have them in their top 10 which is the more accurate I would say..
    OMG that is a big shock thats the first time that i have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about a Labrador i had a black one and it was the most lovely friendly dog i also had a golden labradore again never had any problems with them all the kids use to love the golden labradore..but the black labradore was a bitch and was a great watch dog but was very frendly with anyone that i invited into the house .....well she did hate the postman but what dog dosen't...

Blog Entries

I sincerely hope that every breed of dog known to man shits on Anons lawn. I hope, he awakens to a brown lawn each morning. I also hope that they go through his trash cans and give him endless pains in the arse by howling throughout the night.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I sincerely hope that every breed of dog known to man shits on Anons lawn. I hope, he awakens to a brown lawn each morning. I also hope that they go through his trash cans and give him endless pains in the arse by howling throughout the night.

Westside.
    why ?

Blog Entries

Westside.
    Ya Anon, shame on you for making up such laws on the spot here earlier on today..........

Hang your feline head in shame........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    why ?
    Cause he made up some law earlier and Westie is upset about it..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    ah i see thanks Luther ....westie don't be upset you know anon is only a big harmless fluffy cat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    why ?
    Just to piss him off and interfere with his life just like these laws he supports interferes with other ppls and oh in case i forgot, when he comes out to complain about the pedegree chum party on his lawn he has to wear a muzzle.

sincerely,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    The laws irritate me because they are made up by ppl who couldnt tell a dogs head from his bollox. They are stupid laws that are of no benefit to society. These dogs if threatened will stand up for themselves so let them alone if you want peace. I hate golf and Elvis. The sight of either of these two things annoys me yet i dont propose to bring out a set if rules to clamp down on that annoyance. If ppl dont like this anaimals keep the hell away from them and me too because chances are i wont like these ppl either.

Westside.

Reviews

Just to piss him off and interfere with his life just like these laws he supports interferes with other ppls and oh in case i forgot, when he comes out to complain about the pedegree chum party on his lawn he has to wear a muzzle.

sincerely,
    Westside.
    do they make muzzles that big..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast