Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnage On Our Roads

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    what?? we all know that we are going to die sometime the thread is about carnage on our roads what kind of a repy is that..can you imagine a cop calling to your door some night to inform you your young daughter was slaughtered or son was slaughtered in a car crash i think you missing the point of this thread jane
    well said harry.have been called to a few RTA all i say is alot of the time noting to do with road conditions,
    and ive had to call to said houses you mention ,,tough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Four dead this weekend in road accidents (so far).

Why does this keep happening? Are we all shit drivers? Are our roads really so bad? Is it a combination of both?
    Because ppl are taught to pass their test. They are taught to drive a car forward which a child could do (they drive tractors and buggies??). The prob is they are never taught how to control a vehicle if it skids or stop and control it at speed. Things like turning the wheel in the direction of the skid to avoid flipping over or hitting the back brake on a bike as hard as possible so the bike leaves you and you get the softest of the two landings. Stuff like this is never taught.

The ppl teaching dont know an awful lot either to be honest. I mean what kind of a fuckin idiot would say to keep into the left driving a bike? Get a whack off a parked car door opening or not enough time to get out of the way if a person suddenly runs out? Stay out ,you can always move in if you need to but driving in by the kerb? Absolute madness if you ask me.

shit like this,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 10-10-10 at 18:56.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Paddii (10-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatureJane View Post
    whether you drive, swim, smoke don't smoke - we're all going to die anyway!
    might as well just abort everyone then, what a stupid reply. Of course we're all going to die but some people like to survive past their teens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

dr love (10-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Because ppl are taught to pass their test. They are taught to drive a car forward which a child could do (they drive tractors and buggies??). The prob is they are never taught how to control a vehicle if it skids or stop and control it at speed. Things like turning the wheel in the direction of the skid to avoid flipping over or hitting the back brake on a bike as hard as possible so the bike leaves you and you get the softest of the two landings. Stuff like this is never taught.

The ppl teaching dont know an awful lot either to be honest. I mean what kind of a fuckin idiot would say to keep into the left driving a bike? Get a whack off a parked car door opening or not enough time to get out of the way if a person suddenly runs out? Stay out ,you can always move in if you need to but driving in by the kerb? Absolute madness if you ask me.

shit like this,
    Westside.
    i was just about to mention this, pretty much all you covered there Westie was in a Top Gear episode when James May went to Finland and went driving with Mika Hakkinen. They showed what the Finns do for their driving lessons and it's a million miles away from what the govt do here, there were skid planes ffs. Also there is a mandatory amount of lessons people have to do.

Until the driving test is changed to actually teach people how to drive in real situations then this type of thing will keeping happening

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    might as well just abort everyone then, what a stupid reply. Of course we're all going to die but some people like to survive past their teens
    i know the damagetis does to families.good on you monster.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (10-10-10)

In Romania u don't get on the road till u've had 10 lessons in a protected space. Mind u if u've ever driven there, u need yr wits about u, but I've never seen an accident there

Reviews

The most dangerous thing I saw lately was when I was driving to Dublin on the motorway. The traffic was flowing nicely 140 to 150 kph. I was in the fast lane then suddenly brake lights, braking heavily down to 80 kph. I thought there would be a pile up. Braking on the motorway is a big no no to me. The reason for this heavy braking was a garda car with lights on after pulling in someone. I say keep marked garda cars off the motorway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    I was in the fast lane
    it's an overtaking lane, not a fast lane, if more people would drive to limit in the driving lane and use the overtaking lane for what it's meant for then we would all be better off.

sorry for making a point of you're quote dark-knight, it's just i hate the term fastlane, it means pricks fell they have a right to drive at 80kmh in the driving lane. This is what causes accidents, not excessive speed it's idiots in the driving lane

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    The most dangerous thing I saw lately was when I was driving to Dublin on the motorway. The traffic was flowing nicely 140 to 150 kph. I was in the fast lane then suddenly brake lights, braking heavily down to 80 kph. I thought there would be a pile up. Braking on the motorway is a big no no to me. The reason for this heavy braking was a garda car with lights on after pulling in someone. I say keep marked garda cars off the motorway.
    Saw a woman do a U-Turn a couple of weeks back on the M8, when she had missed the turn-off, was I surprised, sadly not.
    Across both lanes and the hardshoulder, and then back a couple hundred meters on the hard shoulder.

Reviews

I agree with your point monster monster. I also think there should be a minimum speed limit for the overtaking lane. And I also think different classes of cars should have a different speed limit depending on performance, handleing, braking, driver experience and for boy racers make it illegal to modify a car.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (10-10-10)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast