Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Carnage On Our Roads

Reviews

I dont except the bad roads as an excuse, at the end of the day you are susposed to drive acording to the road conditions, ie not doing 70+ on a single lane cuntry road for instance.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Paddii View Post
    As a motorcyclist who uses the roads everyday, I know that at least part of the problem is that drivers simply do not pay attention. Some simple rules need to come into play:
    1. set up the sterero before u leave
    2. leave the sat nav alone
    3. pull over to answer the phone
    4. use indicators when turning or changing lanes
    5. show a little courtesy on the road
    6. if u want a drink, let someone else drive
    7. observe the signs
    8. it's not cool to cut up bikes, someone could get killed

the other week someone moved into my lane right beside me without indicating. I had nowhere to go except into the oncoming traffic. Despite my honking, on he came on anyway and I saw the irate face of the driver. I couldn't brake cos someone was up my ass, couldn't accelerate cos there was a car i front of me, so I kicked his mirror - he wasn't using the feckin thing anyway - and he went back. Don't know what was on his mind, but at the time I was convinced he was deliberately trying to kill me, as he could definitely see me!
    A sheer lack of common sense is also a big problem "I am the only on the road" attiude is also a cause for concern you just have to look at how people behave in a supermarket car park to prove that, and then they get out on the road and drive exactly the same.

im only learning to drive but a woman overtook me today with a child standing up on her lap, worse the child was looking into the back talking to a sibling . the driver pract had her head out the side window trying to drive. i swear to god i have kids and wont even let them in the front seat, some idiots just dont learn

Reviews

Everyone blames boy racers and sure, they can be nutters, but I think the biggest psychos on the roads are middle-aged men in big cars. They're the bastards you see careering up the motorway at 140kph+.

Reviews

Are you talking about me mousey. Oh wait 140 kph I never drive that slow. Middle aged I am not that old....shit I am when did that happen.

Reviews

We seem to never learn from our mistakes,five families are grieving for their loved ones tonight.We can blame this and that but it all boils down to stupidity in the end.The other night on a main road some guy just darted across the road in during the night.Luckily saw him in good time and i managed to slow down in time.I couldn't believe it in a empty stretch of road in the middle of nowhere that he would pull a stunt like that,what he was doing there in the first place i will never know...The R.A can regulate all they like but they can't change human nature to prevent ppl from doing the craziest things on our roads...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

7. Default

I have driven all over europe and even in India and here in the last few years covered about 35,000kms a year and have come to the conclusing that the Irish drivers are the most unobservant and lacking in road sense than most. Apart from that I rarley saw Garda and when I did they were doing speed checks or just checking tax and insurance.

I know speed is a huge factor in road deaths and accidents but as a experienced driver I believe that a lot is down to the drivers road sense and awarness of other vehices around them and this I believe is a major cause of accidents. On most journeys I take I will nearly always find someone driving below the speed limit in the overtaking lane or at junctions drivers pulling out without fully taking into account oncomming cars. With most of these people thankfully I reckon I have developed a extra sense to be wary of them instantly and so often this is proven correct. Only last week I was driving down a main road in the rain which was a steep decline and the driver in front braked to let another car out from a drive way, thankfully I was back enough to be able to saftly brake and avoid a collision but still this type of action is what causes many accidents and I can guess that the driver who was being courterious was not aware of me behind him or even aware that how he was driving was dangerous.

I think to cut down death and accidents on our roads we all should have to resit the driving tests every couple of years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockman For This Useful Post:

Paddii (12-10-10)

Reviews

I see one of the posts I put up on this thread has been removed because some of you felt I was being racist, well I wasn't, I was pointing out a fact about a certain demographic known to all who drive motorbikes and if any of you do decide to take a bike out for a spin you will see exactly what I am talking about.
    Shame on you is what I say , it is also a known fact that people that see racist comments where there are none or none was intended by the article as a whole are in fact the racists themselves.. So wherever you see articles on white males between the ages of 18 and 25 being the most vulnerable motorists you consider that racist This is i'm so annoyed with you people

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567